BMO Field Renovations | ?m | ?s | MLSE | Gensler

Contra

Member Bio
Reaction score
The NFL actually paid for the turf and the technology to switch the fields around.
Yep, it was a joint effort with Tottenham and the NFL to secure a viable space to play (and one that's actually in London). Beautiful stadium too, Populous did a great job!

mrxbombastic

Member Bio
Reaction score

Curious as to what renovations may be taking place
Great find! I suspect they'll pursue a temporary North Stand Expansion and close the road between the Better Living Centre on a temporary basis. Fitting in new temporary scoreboards at the corners or within the temporary North stands doesn't seem do disruptive.

Once the World Cup is over, they can remove the temporary additions and revert to the current set up. Maybe even sell the temporary seats as memorabilia! ;)

If it's more permanent expansion, I'm excited to see what they come up with!

noahthewale

Member Bio
Reaction score
Great find! I suspect they'll pursue a temporary North Stand Expansion and close the road between the Better Living Centre on a temporary basis. Fitting in new temporary scoreboards at the corners or within the temporary North stands doesn't seem do disruptive.

Once the World Cup is over, they can remove the temporary additions and revert to the current set up. Maybe even sell the temporary seats as memorabilia! ;)

If it's more permanent expansion, I'm excited to see what they come up with!

They can't really expand the South stand anymore then they've done in the past so I had a feeling it may be on the North stand.

Fingers crossed for a more permanent solution!

G.L.17

Member Bio
Reaction score
They can't really expand the South stand anymore then they've done in the past so I had a feeling it may be on the North stand.

Fingers crossed for a more permanent solution!
They will build a second level over the south stands as the roof was built to accommodate this. I'm hoping it will look much better than it did during TFC's first finals run/Grey Cup/Centennial Classic, even if it's temporary.

noahthewale

Member Bio
Reaction score
They will build a second level over the south stands as the roof was built to accommodate this. I'm hoping it will look much better than it did during TFC's first finals run/Grey Cup/Centennial Classic, even if it's temporary.

I didn't know the roof was built to accommodate a second level, good to hear though!

animatronic

Member Bio
Reaction score
If they expand the North stand it’ll need to be done in a way that keeps the end zone available - probably something like how arenas tuck basketball seats under the bowl to accommodate hockey.