Oakville Bluwater | ?m | 8s | Pemberton | Rafael + Bigauskas

yyzer

Member Bio
Reaction score
Pemberton are rolling out Bluwater, three midrise buildings located on the lake in west Oakville, near the border with Burlington....

rendering02.jpg

link....http://www.bluwatercondos.com/

Wow go Oakville, finally something new is coming up on the Waterfront..
For a town that is so wealthy, it has quite a few eyesores near the waterfront.

There aren't that many properties for sale in the GTA on Lake Ontario - right on Lake Ontario - but Pemberton has a lovely piece of land in western Oakville that will soon be home to a project that takes great advantage of its littoral site. Bluwater, designed by Rafael + Bigauskas Architects in the tradition of a luxury seaside resort, consists of three 8-storey buildings grouped around a lakeside pool and outdoor recreation amenities that will no doubt be heaven on sunny summer days. Midway between Burlington's renewed downtown waterfront and Oakville's historic downtown, the first two of Bluwater's three buildings are now on sale, representing about 140 units. Suites run from 695 up to 2,715 sq. ft., and are priced from the low-$400,000’s to over $1.5 million. Several of those located on the 6th, 7th, and 8th floors feature large terraces as the upper floors step back.

BluwaterExterior.jpg

BluwaterEveningRendering.jpg

Front Entrance

BluwaterPorteCochere.jpg

Lobby. Interiors and amenities are by the Chapman Design Group.

BluwaterLobby.jpg

Suite with a classic bent to its furnishings

BluwaterLivingRm2.jpg

BluwaterKitchen2.jpg

BluwaterBathroom2.jpg

Suite furnished in a more modern style

BluwaterKitchen.jpg

BluwaterLivingRm.jpg

BluwaterBathroom.jpg

Bluwater's extensive amenities include a multi-purpose social room with a caterer’s kitchen, bar and adjacent dining room

BluwaterClub.jpg

BluwaterClub2.jpg

BluwaterClub3.jpg

The private residents’ club will include an exercise room, yoga/Pilates studio, spa whirlpool, and outdoor yoga terrace with meditation deck. Oakville-based Rosewater Spa will supply a roster of services to Bluwater residents onsite.

BluwaterGym.jpg

BluwaterPilates.jpg

BluwaterIndoorPool.jpg

The buildings’ grand central ground-floor terrace will allow residents to dine alfresco, barbecue and relax by the outdoor fireplace, or enjoy a plunge pool surrounded by lounge chairs and umbrellas, or an outdoor hot tub overlooking the lake.

BluwaterCoversationPit.jpg

BluwaterOutdoorDining.jpg

BluwaterPlungePool.jpg

BluwaterPools.jpg

And with that, the sun sets, oddly due south, on our visit to Bluwater.

BluwaterApocalypse.jpg

Last edited:
This is Pemberton's second attempt on this site. The previous condo "Ashford Terrace" was a victim of the recession and the project was cancelled in late 2009.

Thank goodness for the recession, because Bluwater is a far superior plan.

Here's what Ashford Terrace looked like (sorry, no better pics available):

ashfordterrace.jpg

I don't think Oakville's ready for S+P, or even aA for that matter. Nope, for the time being we'll have to just be thankful that at the very least, the original proposal didn't materialize.

I have to ask the question: will it turn out like CrystalGrey? Hehe. What's in a name?

Actually, I find the present version is much like a Floridian condo.

The original project was redesigned and actually I thought was way nicer as Ashford Terrace. The target market in the marketing has changed however. Ashford was a building designed for retirees. This is advertising "lifestyle" but every picture is showing a 20 or 30 something. Apart from being on the water, not sure I see the appeal of this building. And condo fees are up 25% from the original estimated at around 50 cents.

This is the very West end of Oakville and borders Burlington where prices are much less.

It still will be beautiful but kind of isolated where it is. Need a car to get anything at all. That said, very residential feel to the area.

I drove past them last week, and all three buildings were under construction (because they share the same underground parking).

Not sure what floors they were on (perhaps the 8th???). As far as I could tell, it was just the concrete structures currently with no cladding installed yet.

Hope that helps!

Back