Toronto Blue Diamond Condos and Foxbar Towns at Imperial Village | 88.08m | 28s | Camrost-Felcorp | Diamond Schmitt

I haven't heard anything about that green P parking lot next to heath in some time. Is that still a go? Its been a couple years since the proposal I believe...

Nice to see another condo at Yonge and St. Clair. Between this, the new tower(s) proposed for the Imperial Oil parking lot, and the Green P lot at Heath, there are going to be lots of new people living here soon! It will be nice to have some younger people moving in!

Except there aren't any young people buying here. It's all retirees and empty nesters. Young people want amenities. There are none here.

Sometimes, the love has to be put in words so that others may understand it. It could be good insight or hack justification, but ordinary people talking about it is a step in the right direction.

Though it's worth noting that the posted rendering of the new tower indeed makes 135 St Clair look more "bland, banal and boxy" than reality--none of those shiny mullions etc, it might as well be a plain black box a la 101 Bloor or something...

Details: http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/navigatePlanningApp.do?method=next&reportType=2

129 ST CLAIR AVE W
OPA / Rezoning 11 123806 STE 22 OZ Ward 22
- Tor & E.York Feb 10, 2011 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Tamir, Oren
(416) 392-7349
Official Plan Amendment to complement rezoning application to convert existing heritage church to dwelling units and construct a new 32 storey residential tower with five 3-storey town house units at rear. A total of 220 residential dwellings units, 241 parking spaces in 3 levels below grade parking and 172 bicycle parking spaces are proposed.

Last edited by a moderator:
City Planning Preliminary Report

To be considered by Toronto & East York Community Council on March 22, 2011:

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2011/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-36451.pdf

Proposal

The proposal calls for the alteration of the existing heritage-designated church, formerly
Deer Park United, at 129 St. Clair Ave. West, in order to adaptively reuse the church for
residential
use. A new 32-storey residential tower is proposed at the rear of the church
structure, and five three-storey townhouses at the southern most point of the property,
fronting onto Foxbar Road. The alteration of the church includes the removal of the
Sunday school wing at the south end.

The overall height of the tower is 104.5 metres including a 6 metre mechanical
penthouse. The overall density proposed is 6.81 times the area of the lot.

The proposed tower is set back 36 metres from St. Clair Ave. West, the north property
line; 13.5 metres from the west property line; between 13.5 and 20 metres from the south
property line; and 4.0 metres from the property line to the east. The five three-storey
townhouses are located to the south of the residential tower fronting onto Foxbar Road,
with a landscaped edge.

The proposed floor plate of the tower is generally 700 square metres, with 2.0 metre
projecting balconies proposed on all four elevations.

The building proposed consists of 220 residential units.

A total of 241 vehicular parking spaces are provided, including 22 spaces for visitors, in
5 levels of underground parking accessible from Foxbar Road. Bicycle parking is also
provided for, with 154 long-term bicycle space and 18 short-term spaces.

All servicing will be from a mutual drive located of St. Clair Ave. West between the
properties at 111 and 129 St. Clair Ave. West.

For reference, I've crudely put together the site plans to show how the 3 towers will sit in relationship with each other:

111stclair_context.jpg

My only concern with this one (well, apart from the boring building design) and the Imperial Plaza - the st. Michael's cemetery right at the back of both buildings. I guess some don't mind whether their view from a $700,000 condo is on a cemetery, I wouldn't like that.

My only concern with this one (well, apart from the boring building design) and the Imperial Plaza - the st. Michael's cemetery right at the back of both buildings. I guess some don't mind whether their view from a $700,000 condo is on a cemetery, I wouldn't like that.

Issues of squeamishness aside, the cemetery ensures that the views from the south facing units will be preserved for the foreseeable future.

I would love to live in this building. It's one of the best neighbourhoods in the city. What could be better than a cemetary next door? Pretty and green, perfect for a stroll, and your neighbours never throw loud parties. Well, perhaps on October 31.

Chinese people have superstitious beliefs and are generally against living close to cemeteries (however, probably will not be the main target group of this project). But most regular, Canadian folks are neutral or even like having it there. Many treat it as having another park. Cemeteries didn't stop Cresford's Merton Yonge condo from being a success.

Last edited:
The residents don't know what they're doing. Their proposal to ruin the church is loathsome. This misguided idea should be rejected out of hand by the developer and the city.

Back