Toronto Bloor Street Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Bloor-Yorkville BIA | architectsAlliance

The Bloor-Yorkville BIA wanted to have construction work limited during TIFF, which is a reason why there was the rush to get the section east of Yonge significantly completed.

They pretty much worked through last winter, so there's no reason to believe that work won't ramp up again once the festival is over.

As for the scramble lights, I think only the southwest corner is missing the signal now.

That makes sense re: construction on Bloor Street during TIFF.

As you correctly stated, only the S/W corner is missing the scramble signal. Sept. 14th:

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Sept 16

I see no waterlines for the trees or planters at this time.

They are installing the electrical boxes for them that will support the lights in them.

IMG_sept-16-09-0094.jpg

IMG_sept-16-09-0095.jpg

IMG_sept-16-09-0096.jpg

I see no waterlines for the trees or planters at this time.

I don't recall seeing them either

They are installing the electrical boxes for them that will support the lights in them.

IMG_sept-16-09-0095.jpg

Is that for real or perhaps a clever promotion for "Weeds" (season 5), currently airing on Showcase?

Weeds promo. (Helps that it's right in front of Showcase HQ.)

Of course, that's why I suspected it was for "Weed's" which, O/T for a sec. - thanks to the "magic" of the Internet I got through season 5 over three nights and it delivers yet another brilliantly funny, but extremely dark season.

They ripped up and repaved the intersection at Bloor and Yonge last night. At long last it looks like the construction on the intersection is coming to an end for the time being.

BTW: shouldn't this be in the Projects and Construction forum instead of "Toronto Issues"?

Attachments

• 30505703-71415d53cce1b27f65e8e4b0da307188.4ab38ef0-full.jpg
    30505703-71415d53cce1b27f65e8e4b0da307188.4ab38ef0-full.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 226
They ripped up and repaved the intersection at Bloor and Yonge last night. At long last it looks like the construction on the intersection is coming to an end for the time being.

BTW: shouldn't this be in the Projects and Construction forum instead of "Toronto Issues"?

Most of the threads in this section don't belong in Toronto "Issues". Can't understand why there isn't a better place to put them.

They ripped up and repaved the intersection at Bloor and Yonge last night. ?

And this morning. I should know, since whilst crossing the intersection today, I stepped in some fresh asphalt that had been trailed across the otherwise dry intersection by a construction truck's tires. As I examined the underside of my shoes and cursed, a nearby construction worker chuckled and said, "don't worry man, it should come right off ... in about 6 months", and chuckled some more. I was not amused.

I tried to get a photograph of the Y+B intersection last weekend in it's previous condition but vehicular and pedestrian traffic was so heavy I couldn't get a good shot.

Next up: painting the lines for the scramble crossing and then activating the programming for the traffic and walk signals!

Is it just me or did they at one point say they were going to give the same treatment along Yonge St. between Scollard and Haden?

As I examined the underside of my shoes and cursed, a nearby construction worker chuckled and said, "don't worry man, it should come right off ... in about 6 months", and chuckled some more. I was not amused.

try butter

I wish that more of our sidewalks were given this sort of treatment. However, I find it a little disappointing that when you turn the corner going either north or south on Yonge, Bay, Belair or Avenue, that the granite just stops and its back to concrete -there was no further thought put into how they could blend the two together.

p5

Back