Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

^concrete formwork which as photograph look like a very nice stone

From Saturday's Toronto Star:

1. THE BLOOR STREET NEIGHBOURHOOD: 38 Charles St. E. Builder: Cresford Developments. :confused:A 26-storey:confused:, 327-unit precast concrete building. Prices: from $194,900 for 518 sq. ft. to $1.1 million for 2,026 sq. ft. Fees: 44 cents per sq. ft., plus hydro. Amenities: swimming pool, whirlpool, exercise room, billiards/games room, party room, dining room, sun terrace, two guest suites, 24-hour concierge. Sales: about 85 per cent sold. Status: under construction. :confused:Occupancy: December 2007:confused:. Sales centre: 876 Yonge St., 416-977-1100; thebloorstreetneighbourhood.com.

I don't know what or who to believe any more about this project. Wouldn't these be important facts that could easily be updated?

The Star's Condo section depends upon the developer to answer an update request. Sometimes they don't answer, so that section is rather unreliable as The Star won't tell you how fresh their info is.

Meanwhile - those maps they use to pinpoint the projects? Very poorly implemented - I believe that they run Uptown and Cruptal Blown on different weeks; one is grouped with the east of Yonge and one with the west of Yonge downtown condos, despite the buildings being beside each other. Essentially they have no idea what they are doing there. The section would be far more reliable if just about anyone from this forum were running it.

Sept 9th:

1353146348_508b7a097f_b.jpg

Bloor Street Neighbourhood Progress Sept 15, 2007

Looks like the 2nd lowest parking level is just about covered now.

915bsn1.jpg

915bsn2.jpg

nice little fish pond there - and it's so refreshing to see so much new plant growth sprouting out of the construction site - truly an environmentally friendly site

I wonder how neighbours pre-dating that building felt about their views being destroyed, the noise from construction etc.

I wonder how the ants and other creatures of the ground felt about their homes being destroyed;)

Still watching this process of construction I ponder one of my thoughts: will I come up with a genius solution to making buildings go up in months instead of years? Pre-fab foundations? carbon fibre units stacked on top of each other? Gotta keep thinking.

So how tall is this thing? Wasn't 36 storeys recently approved by the CofA?

I was in the sales office a couple of hours ago and the sales agent was ADAMANT that this building will only be 26 storeys.

Back