Toronto Bloor & Dufferin | 122.35m | 37s | Hazelview | Turner Fleischer

Report to the Planning and Priorities Ctte of TDSB next week, on a small surface parking lot on this site.

What with the new underground parking garage, it's no longer required.

So the report recommends declaring it surplus, with the idea of selling to 'Safe Haven' who own the abutting property.

Apparently with an eye to redevelopment of some kind.

Report here: https://pub-tdsb.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=10065

Images appended to said report:

1642777042628.png

Assuming the sale goes through, we can create a thread for the new project.

Last edited:
Wow, that's atrocious compared to the renders in the database. I know aesthetics are probably lower on the priority list, but I really wish the city had more teeth when it comes to design. Once complete, this building boom will leave Toronto with a profoundly mediocre legacy of new buildings.

I also wish developers had more pride in this city. It really does feel like they put in the bare minimum effort since it ends up selling regardless. Depressing.

Hopefully there will still be some decent public space included, but damn that's disappointing. I'm guessing the city can't really do anything about bait and switches like these?

What could / would the City do? You can try and capture things in an SPA but at the end of the day, it's not Planning or Urban Design who comes by to inspect at the end, it's Toronto Buildings. And they may care about aesthetics the least out of any department. The Beer Store on Danforth, for example...

Back