Toronto Bloor & Dufferin | 122.35m | 37s | Hazelview | Turner Fleischer

Why overlook just one mistake, when you can miss two!
We aim to proofread everything too, but sometimes deadlines iz deadlines… everyone screws up occasionally. I mean, half of everyone on UrbanToronto don't know the difference between it's and its, others think it's "would of," not "would have" …so, how's any of that any better?

From lunch today, a story in four parts:
PXL_20220602_163110333.jpg

PXL_20220602_163056203.jpg

PXL_20220602_163048358.MP.jpg

PXL_20220602_163314250.jpg

turner fleischer's social media shows that they're working on the Kent School building in BIM...I REALLY hope they're not designing the building's here. Need something special.

kent.JPG

Last edited:
turner fleischer's social media shows that they're working on the Kent School building in BIM...I REALLY hope the're not designing the building's here. Need something special.

View attachment 405429

TF is indeed the architect on this project now. Renders are on the previous page.

People seem to be forgetting that the developer going forward with this is not the one that started the ball rolling here, so even as a developer is already allowed to change architects and designs after the zoning is in place, it's even more likely that another developer having bought the site is going to bring their own team in to complete the development. Unless on those incredibly rare occasions when a particular architectural firm's drawings are linked to the ZBA, you can't stop the owner of the site from going after a redesign.

This thread: it's still a gut punch to the potential of this big development when Fitzrovia (and Hazelview) took over and replaced one of the very best architects in the country (HPA) with one of the worst.

Particularly puzzling since Fitzrovia is working with HPA on the gorgeous Elm and Ledbury (88 Queen) projects u/c.

I think @AlbertC's demolition photos above are quite appropriate to how the true potential of this development has been demolished (cue tiny violins).

Back