Toronto Biblio Lofts | 28.91m | 7s | NVSBLE | BDP Quadrangle

I just walked by this location and said to my partner ' I think this is going to be developed'. So surprised to see this. I'm really liking!

Current view of the site:

20210721_125643.jpg
20210721_125702.jpg

This should be getting closer to sales launch. Seeing quite a bit marketing on IG from them. Their page also has a couple closer up images of the rendering.

Going by a couple of the commentaries, it looks like Heather Rolleston is among the BDP Quadrangle team who have worked on this design. I've always enjoyed listening to her speak in development consultation events a few years ago when she used to be at aA.

Marketing in full swing for this one, here's a full page from the JUL/AUG issue of Azure:

IMG_20210831_181957__01.jpg

The architecture seems to be inspired by a book, which is fitting at this location next to the library branch. We'll see if this really is 'the most compelling myth Toronto has to offer' 🤔.

"Coming this fall" I assume means starting construction this fall?

Well, NVSBLE is saying Spring 2023 for completion, so it would need to start construction this Fall to meet that, but they don't have zoning yet, nor site plan approval. After that they'll need Building Permits which haven't been applied for yet…

Plus they'll need sales of course, but this shouldn't have trouble attracting interest.

Marketing in full swing for this one, here's a full page from the JUL/AUG issue of Azure:

View attachment 345415

The architecture seems to be inspired by a book, which is fitting at this location next to the library branch. We'll see if this really is 'the most compelling myth Toronto has to offer' 🤔.

Is this a print ad? Terrible. Failing grade for accessible graphic design. This would not pass AODA.

I keep reading this as the Bilbo Lofts...and wondering if they'll add The Frodo and Samwise Towers as the follow-ups.

Back