Toronto Beyond The Sea | ?m | 44s | Empire | Richmond Architects

yes this is indeed the Final Report for Star Tower's development application ... refer to the overall site plan on page 16 to see its relationship to the first 2 towers in Beyond The Sea

also, the application file # matches with that in the Preliminiary Report

Taken today, looking north:
Mar19-09014.jpg

Looking north - iLoft crane in the distance:
Mar19-09016.jpg

Looking south east to Lakeshore Blvd:
Mar19-09017.jpg

The doomed plaza, future site of the huge Star Tower:
Mar19-09013.jpg

Eradicate all crappy suburban plazas!
Mar19-09012.jpg

The excavation is for both of the first 2 phases - the 37 storey tower along Lakeshore with the 26 storey tower tucked behind it to the north. The 44 storey Star Tower (phase 3) will be built where that gross plaza is, which is directly next to the excavation, to the east (the back of the plaza can be seen in the 3rd pic).

The excavation is for both of the first 2 phases - the 37 storey tower along Lakeshore with the 26 storey tower tucked behind it to the north. The 44 storey Star Tower (phase 3) will be built where that gross plaza is, which is directly next to the excavation, to the east (the back of the plaza can be seen in the 3rd pic).

I thought that might have been the case. Thanks for the info and photos.

Plans to move forward with the third phase of a multi-tower development on Lake Shore Boulevard just north of Humber Bay Park were passed by Etobicoke-York Community Council this week.

At their monthly meeting Thursday morning, councillors voted unanimously to move staff recommendations that will pave the way for a 44-storey, 341-unit condominium and townhouse building at 2230 Lake Shore Boulevard. The project is intended to be integrated with two residential mixed-use condominium towers currently under construction at 2242 and 2246 Lake Shore Boulevard West, which will stand at 27 and 36 storeys.

Entire article:

http://insidetoronto.com/article/65982

Drove by the site today, looks like the plaza is gone. Sorry, didn't have my camera on me. I'll try to take some photos this week before I leave.

As promised

This is where the plaza use to be...
SDC11447.jpg

Looking North
SDC11448.jpg

North and South tower location
SDC11450.jpg

Attachments

• SDC11447.jpg
    SDC11447.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 354
  • SDC11448.jpg