Toronto Beyond The Sea | ?m | 44s | Empire | Richmond Architects

Great views Zach~ thank you.

With towers 1+2 arranged in a north-south fashion, tower 3 (Star Tower) is located to the immediate east forming a triangular shaped podium. With the third tower addition, purchases in tower 1 have next to no water view left. I understand when Empire added Star Tower, everyone was entitled to a new recision (SP?) period and can walk away from the deal given there was a 'material' change in the condominium disclosure (well yeah! they only added one 44-storey tower which blocks the view).

Also, while I was speaking with City Planning staff in April 2008, I was advised that no planning approvals nor development planning applications have yet been submitted for the Star Tower, that site will require a rezoning and site plan approval, which will be a lengthy process. It seems like Empire just started selling tower 3 without securing any type of approvals from the City. So if you are looking to purchase in Star Tower, you may want to investigate and consider this issue further.

Neither is the third tower. Comparative location?

Just to the east? Isn't there a strip plaza there? I sure would be glad to see that go.

Star Tower application submitted

It appears Empire finally got their act together to submit OPA / ZBA application for Star Tower on June 6, 2008 ... after the building is substantially sold out?? I honestly don't know what they are thinking ...

Here's is the preliminary staff report ... it seems like there are still many issues to be worked out ... far from final approval IMO

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-13975.pdf

ground level to main roof: 132.53m = 434' 8"
ground level to top of architectural element: 151.85m = 498' 1"

this should not be approved until they increase the height by at least 2 feet..:D

Taken yesterday

2658551296_650cb75c8d_o.jpg

The portion of Lakeshore from just west of these traffic lights to Parklawn is wider then the rest of Lakeshore in Etobicoke. I am unsure to what the reasoning could be.

Really? Check out Lakeshore's width elsewhere in Etobicoke--it'd be more apt to say that the portion from just west to the lights to Mimico Drive or so is *narrower* than the Etobicoke norm. (And the blame for the extra width probably goes to 20s/30s widening, back when this was the early auto age's main drag from Toronto to Hamilton.)

So fencing has gone down from around the site of phase 1 and 2 while tenants are slowly vacating the strip mall property (Rabba is moving out Sep 1 to a new location in the waterfront business centre).

I assume they're planning to break ground on this all at once, or is something wrong with the first phase?

Back