Toronto The Berczy | 41.76m | 13s | Concert | Arcadis

Ah its nice ! Great.

Still that last pictures, way too much mullion between the floors, I don't mind it between the windows so much.

I actually think the extra mullions will help keep this building looking solid and not too glassy. If they were a bit simpler and better decorated, it would be even better.

From December 19/12

IMG_2297.jpg

I think that's roof slab on the south side.

Great shot SkyJacked. The building from your vantage point looks more like a cruise ship. Or maybe its just me being on morphine at Toronto General...

I hope they are being sufficiently generous with the medication over there Red Mars. I wish I had the skills to Photoshop a top deck swimming pool well populated with bikinis into that photo. Every good cruise ship requires bikinis.

From December 19/12

IMG_2297.jpg

I think that's roof slab on the south side.

Can't help thinking about how far we've come in the St. Lawrence market area since the 60's:

lookingeast-1-1.jpg

To a 21stC version of urban vitality not seen since the 40's:

CN002876-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Those images above speak volumes. Imagine how cool St. Lawrence would be today if most of the original buildings would have been retained? God, I despise the urban renewal of the modern era. Thankfully, a lot of those dreadful errors are being corrected.

It's only a matter of time before every square inch of St. Lawrence is reclad in glass :D

Just some general impressions from walking by this every day:

-the window cladding quality and colour look great.
-the contrast of the window cladding against the plain concrete looks great. Too bad its gonna be covered in brick.
-with the set back and the slope, the building doesn't seem overbearing at all and fits in quite well.

Going back 5+ years into this thread, this location was prime even then, and even moreso now. With Sukho Thai and the Works Burger place opening across the street, the area is quite the little restaurant district now..

It's only a matter of time before every square inch of St. Lawrence is reclad in glass :D

Actually, most new buildings in the SL District have done a great job integrating the usage of brick into the pedestrian realm of the design. Buildings like London on Esplanade, Market Wharf, this, and also projects further along King East and the Distillery have continued the brick aesthetic at the podium level.

Going back 5+ years into this thread, this location was prime even then, and even moreso now. With Sukho Thai and the Works Burger place opening across the street, the area is quite the little restaurant district now..

I agree, this area has definitely risen in recent years in terms of restaurant popularity. The other downtown area that has seen a notable increase of eateries is Dundas West, between University and Bay. On a side note, I remember a couple of months ago I saw that the Pizza Pizza at the NW corner of Church/Wellington appeared to be closed. Can anyone confirm that they are indeed closed? The site is rather awkward being surrounded by that residential building but should still have some redevelopment potential.

On a side note, I remember a couple of months ago I saw that the Pizza Pizza at the NW corner of Church/Wellington appeared to be closed. Can anyone confirm that they are indeed closed? The site is rather awkward being surrounded by that residential building but should still have some redevelopment potential.

It's closed and the burger place "The Works" is open! I have yet to try it out.

Back