Hamilton Beach Boulevard Townhouses | 12.38m | 3s | Sentry Group | CZA

Branden Simon

Member Bio
Reaction score
1117-1133 Beach Boulevard in Hamilton - A two building townhouse project with 10 units currently in pre-construction

Renderings
A36BBA96-8555-4536-9B64-4BEB55C194C4.jpeg
580872F0-64BA-40E4-9521-C952920F07F5.jpeg
BEC69608-3F0B-4394-ACFE-7F1EF6C2CBED.jpeg

Don't like the integral garages marring the front face of these.

Parking should have been under or at the rear.

Don't like the integral garages marring the front face of these.

Parking should have been under or at the rear.
The "rear" backs onto a trail, which itself runs right along Lake Ontario. This hides the garages from the trail and lakeshore. They're also set back from the front doors, so they're less of a centerpiece of the front profile. Looks good to me.

The "rear" backs onto a trail, which itself runs right along Lake Ontario.

I've now had a look at the aerial pics......I know the area, haven't been there in ages.

Looking at the site, I'd rather see everything there turned into park.

Looks good to me.

To each their own. I don't think there's any architectural merit really.

Handing this over to housing is a mistake. I know there is a pressing need for housing, but this will hardly be in the affordable category,. The overreaching need - now, tomorrow, and every day thereafter is access to the lake and an increase in lakefront parkland. This is a poor choice by Hamilton, but heck, another 50 years of the worst run city in Ontario is hardly a surprise.

Unfortunately several historic homes and an antique store were demolished over the last 20 years to assemble the land for this development. You can see some of it on google streetview, I remember the antique place was demo'd in 2008.

Unfortunately several historic homes and an antique store were demolished over the last 20 years to assemble the land for this development. You can see some of it on google streetview, I remember the antique place was demo'd in 2008.
There was only one truly historic home demolished, I believe in 2021. It had been abandoned for years because it was falling apart and sinking a bit.

Back