Toronto The Bayview Terraced Condominium Residences | ?m | 10s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects COMPLETE

Nicely done adma, nicely done.

I like its high Parisian stylings, evidently descended from Second Empire masterpieces. I think it's a clever post-colonial statement on what the empires of yore have become in these latter days.

For instance, if this...
opera-house-paris-fp118.jpg

...is Second Empire

then this...
home_render.jpg

...is St. Pierre et Miquelon

I think the building looks half decent and it will echo the style that Shane Baghai is building at St. Gabriel Terraces across the street on the north side

I don't think St. Gabriel will be illuminated... and I have doubts about Merci because while you can see the lights on the building, you can't see any fixtures... I wonder if there is an amendment for this project and whether that will have any detail... anybody?

Hmm - lighting - - - but no fixtures. That pitcher is magik!

I mean 'Cette image, c'est incroyable! Mais bien sûr, il ne s'agit qu'un rendu d'artiste, après tout. Ces choses sont destinées à vendre des bâtiments, ils ne sont pas utilisées comme des bleus.'*

*This image is incredible! But of course, it is not an artist's rendering, after all. These things are intended to sell the buildings, they are not used as blueprints.

Un artiste de rendu? A rendered artist?! I'd rather render the whole marketing team behind this schlockorama project.

Oh those automatic translators!

wow under construction already?? they just started selling Bayview 4 months ago and Merci 1 month ago (to agents)

They started construction on that site last year...possibly before they even knew what they were going to do with the site.

wow under construction already?? they just started selling Bayview 4 months ago and Merci 1 month ago (to agents)

Construction was started before sales... They knew it would sell well ... Merci and The Bayview are about 75% sold. Occupany is summer 2009

^... Are you moving in, or is it an investment?
I'm still curious about the way the building is illuminated... the sales agent didn't know... it's 50/50 ... no fixtures in the drawings, but other NY buildings are luminated... so its possible.

I highly doubt Merci will be illuminated as per the rendering ... I think its just graphic effects ... at most they would light up the roof similar to NY towers

As a rule of thumb, 2 % of development costs go into marketing (3 % into sales). It takes a about a year to come with a name for the target buyer (e.g., DNA - Downtown's Next Address worked well).

Sept 9/08 Update

Drive-By shots ... construction beginning partially on 2nd floor (seen in right part of 1st pic)

Back