Toronto Bay and Edward Condos | 71.93m | 22s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

I'm thinking they're planning on having this completed by the time or soon after the new bus station at 45 Bay opens. This is assuming of course that Metrolinx does in fact lease out their space to Greyhound and Coach Canada.

They filed for zoning in 2014.. How did they get it? As far as I can tell there are no records with the city in terms of reports to council.

Edit: ah, zoning review not amendment. Never mind.

I doubt it. 70 Edward and 636 Bay Street are separate sites and are separated from 100 Edward by Barnaby Place.

View attachment 71956

It will

UTrGDep.png

"It will…"?

I take it you're saying that the sites have been consolidated into one, and if so, I should be either consolidating the threads or closing one.

I'll answer my question: there doesn't seem to be another thread to consolidate with. I know we had stuff way back when, but some way back when threads have been lost in the mists of time, back in the EZ Board conversion days. Anyway, the thread title now reflects that the properties are all one, and that it's the Conservatory Group with a design by Richmond Architects.

Not much to feast on in those renderings. It's like plain oatmeal. Sure I appreciate that it's nutritious (adds density to a parking lot), but it has very little flavour.

Every steak needs some potatoes, right? Now we just need a steak.

Possibly the biggest piece if garbage proposed fir Bay st. No sure why the wouldn't try to capitalize more on the Bay st. location..

As soon as I read Conservatory Group, I knew we were in trouble. Still, I'll take it over this awful surface lot. I could have sworn that quite some time ago it was mentioned that Great Gulf owned this parcel, or am I imagining things?

Also, I'm surprised that the proposed buildings aren't a lot taller.

They have owned this site for very long time back when real estate values were a fraction what they are now. They don't really have a need to go taller. That said, I wonder if there are any flight paths here.

They have owned this site for very long time back when real estate values were a fraction what they are now. They don't really have a need to go taller. That said, I wonder if there are any flight paths here.

Looks like they are clear of the hospital flight path
FlightPathBayEdwardPerspectives-5.jpg
FlightPathBayEdwardPerspectives-6.jpg

Attachments

• FlightPathBayEdwardPerspectives-5.jpg
    FlightPathBayEdwardPerspectives-5.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 952
  • FlightPathBayEdwardPerspectives-6.jpg
    FlightPathBayEdwardPerspectives-6.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 3,018
Nice--I've wanted to see this lot get developed since I was a kid. I don't think those buildings are that bad, but it's a great location and I'd be really happy to see an eye catcher here. Interestingly, these rough renders somewhat mimic the rental development--forget its name at the moment--just down the street on the s/w corner of Bay/Dundas.

Nice--I've wanted to see this lot get developed since I was a kid. I don't think those buildings are that bad, but it's a great location and I'd be really happy to see an eye catcher here. Interestingly, these rough renders somewhat mimic the rental development--forget its name at the moment--just down the street on the s/w corner of Bay/Dundas.
You're thinking of Motion, which actually turned out quite nice all things considered.

Back