Toronto Bay and Edward Condos | 71.93m | 22s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, this is the parking lot across from the bus terminal.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 113115 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Feb 4, 2014

Project: Multiple-Use Building New Building

Description: Proposal to construct a 19 sty and 22 sty condo with 528 residential units, 4 levels of below grade parking, and commercial at grade.

Finally I have been waiting so long for that eyesore of a parking lot to go.

They would have to rezone for 35 storeys. If they can make this work, they can have shovels in the ground in months instead of a year to two.

I'm surprised this is stirring again. I didn't think we'd see it before the buses moved to 45 Bay. Maybe we'll be hearing something about that in the near future…

Conservatory may just be getting going on the planning in advance, but yeah, it seems short for the site.

100 Edward, it turns out, is not the property west of Bay (which we know is Conservatory Group), but the property east of Elizabeth. The one at Bay is 70 Edward. While it all functions one big parking lot currently, the lot is two properties divided by a north-south lane.

So this may only be the west half of the parking lot, in which case it might not be Conservatory Group.

Good question. They'd be amongst the smallest floorplate point towers in the city… but you're right, it's less likely.

By the time a preliminary report gets posted, we will know for sure. All properties involved are listed on those.

Good news this gets developed.

Often it is hard to fathom why there are so much prime land used as parking lot. Another one I can think of is the one at Centre/Armoury right by City Hall and University Ave.

Back