Toronto Scotiabank North Tower at Bay Adelaide Centre | 140.2m | 32s | Brookfield | KPMB

I get that, but my point is that it's sad when a few banks are the only companies in Canada that can.

Thomson Reuters, Microsoft, Google, HOOPP, OMERS, LoyaltyOne, Deloitte, PwC, Telus, Shopify, Loblaws, Universal Studios, Spaces, LCBO, OTPP have all signed as anchor tenants for under construction projects in the downtown core over the past 5 years.

Where are you getting information that only a few Canadian banks can sign anchor tenant leases for downtown commercial office space?

It was a 6 storey, above-grade garage with a bridge on the 5th floor:

f0124_fl0003_id0147.jpg
I don't think I knew that CIBC had been in the space where Hy's is now.

Curved windows at the edges (like brookfield place in calgary or 1 manhattan west in nyc) would create a nice contrast with the rest of the complex. I bet such a last minute change can be easily accommodated this late in the process as it is not structural (unless they've already bought the glazing etc...) One can dream!

Curved windows at the edges (like brookfield place in calgary or 1 manhattan west in nyc) would create a nice contrast with the rest of the complex. I bet such a last minute change can be easily accommodated this late in the process as it is not structural (unless they've already bought the glazing etc...) One can dream!
I did not know that they were taking requests, but if they are, could they just add a 7 ½ floor like in Being John Malkovich? It's just a small floor so it could easily be accommodated in the budget, and then there'd be some space with low overhead (haha!) that startups could afford! One can hallucinate…

I did not know that they were taking requests, but if they are, could they just add a 7 ½ floor like in Being John Malkovich? It's just a small floor so it could easily be accommodated in the budget, and then there'd be some space with low overhead (haha!) that startups could afford! One can hallucinate…

I believe, technically, the floor would be the same size, its the space above the floor that would be in short supply.

I believe, technically, the floor would be the same size, its the space above the floor that would be in short supply.
Don't get technical with me, Mister!

PS Okay, okay, yes it's the walls and windows that would be shorter. I wonder what rental prices would be for a 4' 8" floor…

Very funny, because changes in the design of a building that is already under construction is something unheard of. Never been done before. One must be hallucinating.

My comment was merely pointing out that jazzing up the current design is possible with minimal impacts/and disruption. Adding floors would require much more effort (city approval etc.) whereas aesthetic changes (like the one i described) happen all the time albeit for cost-cutting reasons.

Try again though.

Changes that cost $$$$$$.
Let's add more costs to a project that will result in zero new leases.

I'd like to sit in on that meeting.

Very funny, because changes in the design of a building that is already under construction is something unheard of. Never been done before. One must be hallucinating.

My comment was merely pointing out that jazzing up the current design is possible with minimal impacts/and disruption. Adding floors would require much more effort (city approval etc.) whereas aesthetic changes (like the one i described) happen all the time albeit for cost-cutting reasons.

Try again though.
Out of curiosity, at what phase do you think 'changes' to a 'design' happen? And how are you measuring 'minimal' impact?

Back