Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

Just predicting here, this is a long way off - that site has been up a for a while from what I recall I wouldn't get too excited about this one.

Even more so if 16 York (or whatever is going beside the new delta) is indeed being built right now.

80+ would create a perfect peak in the skyline. I think something like that will be built in the future, with the existing buildings on the block forming the base.

That would most likely create shadow problems on NPS, not to mention what it will do to the Cloud Garden to the north which will lose sunlight regardless I suppose.

Speaking for myself, I PREFER shadows on summer days, and will cross the street to escape the blazing sun.

Just saying.

Speaking for myself, I PREFER shadows on summer days, and will cross the street to escape the blazing sun.

Just saying.

Speaking for myself, it's minus twenty with the windchill today, and I'd love some more sun in the downtown core, even wan February sun.

Just saying.

Regardless, weather would most likely get warmer in the coming years, an 80 story tower would be great for shade.

A little shade does not hurt anybody. ..... Bring on the 80 story towers, Toronto needs some.......

Just saying........

.........maybe too busy to read any replies...

so what if its colder in the shade in winter time, other cities deal with it like new york and chicago. besides we have the path system to keep us warm in winter when walking through the financial district

Regardless, weather would most likely get warmer in the coming years, an 80 story tower would be great for shade.

A little shade does not hurt anybody. ..... Bring on the 80 story towers, Toronto needs some.......

Just saying........

.........maybe too busy to read any replies...

Sun makes little difference when the wind is brutal enough to put it past -25 anyways. I'd rather have tall buildings to block the wind as much as possible.

And wtf, the mammas pizza building = demolished then?!

Last edited:
So would the Ninki Sushi building be the only one demolished then? One of the previous posters claimed the project will be built on the NW corner of Y&A so that led me to believe something was going down.

And Bruv, that's only the case with liquids... "air" (which is a gas) does not have the same properties as liquids as it is less dense; so the effect isn't applicable in this case.

And Bruv, that's only the case with liquids... "air" (which is a gas) does not have the same properties as liquids as it is less dense; so the effect isn't applicable in this case.
The venturi effect works for all fluids - both gas and liquid. If it's not applicable to gas, how do you think things like venturi masks work?

Studying the wind-tunnelling effects of highrises is/should be an important component in development and urban planning, especially for cities with lots of them, like HK.

Studying the wind-tunnelling effects of highrises is/should be an important component in development and urban planning, especially for cities with lots of them, like HK.

Indeed, and one of the top companies in the world who do this study is RWDI in Guelph, oddly enough. They did the studies for Burj Khalifa, Taipei 101, Federation Tower in Moscow; some of the tallest buildings in the world.

Can we please ban the use of "just saying" on here? It's the most condescending "get the last word in" expression of 2011, and it's only going to get more popular. You'll see.

As for shadows. I like them in the summer too. I always prefer to walk on the side of the street that isn't in the blazing sun on those really hot days. I even sit on the side of the bus that's in the shade.

Back