Bay Adelaide Centre | 218m | 51s | Brookfield Property | KPMB

TonyV

Member Bio
Reaction score
I would take the box-y-est box that ever boxed if it were clad like this:

Or this:

It'll never happen though. Go Toronto.
There is an opportunity to create a Rockefeller Centre like arrangement here - though it would require a taller north tower than proposed (which would of course create shadowing concerns for NPS). Of course, one can get around that by having some sort of semi-transparent finial (think say Shard in London) that would extend the height without adding floors, but it will cost extra.

AoD
Oh, guys, please, please stop it! You're such teases.

What wonderful ideas.

BayStBoi

Member Bio
Reaction score
Tenants of the west tower received a notice today that hoarding will start to go up on the site the week of Nov 2nd. Half of Arnell Plaza (between the two towers) will be blocked off as part of this. The parking garage areas on all levels directly under the east tower will also be shut down & blocked off, as will all retail on the east side of the concourse that would be under the construction (i.e. everything but Shopper's Drug Mart).

steveve

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yep. This is sweet, despite the fact that the towers might as well have been designed in Microsoft Paint.
yup. with steel construction as an added bonus. but ya, really tragic to see a box design (Bay Adelaide) turn even more box (Bay Adelaide East). but it's a massive filler on the skyline. huge footprint these office towers have.

boy o boy Arnell Plaza is gonna look/feel so different.

khristopher

Member Bio
Reaction score
As boring as the designs are, they might look really cool in a cluster. And Arnell Plaza will be awesome to sit in on a warm summer night.

whatever

Member Bio
Reaction score
Everything that's left on the block is coming down and the new tower will be built out to Yonge, as far as I know

E.B.

Member Bio
Reaction score
Since there's a need for new grade A space, why aren't they applying for fifty or sixty floors or more?

DaninToronto

Member Bio
Reaction score
They only have so much density on the site allowed by the city. I'm not sure if this tower any taller would be close enough to cause a shadow on NPS also.

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
this is further away from NPS than one might think. it is about 40m further away than BAC West, (241m away vs. 194m away) meaning this could presumably go up to 264m and be fine.

Last edited: