Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

A skating rink at Bay Adelaide?

IMG_2875.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2875.JPG
    IMG_2875.JPG
    427.8 KB · Views: 1,066
A skating rink at Bay Adelaide?

Installed last week. It was open Tuesday to Thursday or something. I believe it was open to the general public, but I was in the area on Wedneday and it was deserted. It didn't have great hours - 11 to 3 pm IIRC. So no skate before or after work. It would have been lovely at night with all the Christmas lights.

...is it for the exclusive use of Deloitte employees?

Good one.

Im certain this has been asked. When will the 3rd tower be finalized? Anyone? Hotel/condos/offices? I do hope it is a tall proposal or at least interesting.

That view of Scotia Plaza framed by the two buildings of the BA Centre is spectacular. Kudos to the BA Centre's planners for a great plaza with landscaping, attractive pavements, seating, and views. It may be the best outdoor plaza in the Financial District (though the competition is admittedly tame). The BA Centre's towers are architecturally unremarkable, but the complex improves the Financial District with its decadent lobbies that are fully transparent and visible from the street and the well conceived plaza.

Go to the Bay Adelaide Centre during lunch rush. Stand in the middle of the PATH between the Deloitte entrance and the Scotiabank branch. You can feel the entire deck shaking - it's like standing on a pedestrian bridge in a wind storm.

Assume that there isn't much material between the PATH and the parking below, but it's the only concourse where I've felt vibrations. Is this normal/expected?

Go to the Bay Adelaide Centre during lunch rush. Stand in the middle of the PATH between the Deloitte entrance and the Scotiabank branch. You can feel the entire deck shaking - it's like standing on a pedestrian bridge in a wind storm.

Assume that there isn't much material between the PATH and the parking below, but it's the only concourse where I've felt vibrations. Is this normal/expected?

Not sure about the degree - but Indigo at Manulife Centre also have inexplicable shaking.

AoD

Back