Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

That's a blast from the past in this old video. Look how much the skyline has changed since then. Trump and BAC aren't even built yet...and looks like Spire is under construction. Thanks! Sometimes we forget how quickly everything is changing because we see it every day, but if we were to leave TO for a few years and come back we'd be floored, I'm sure.

From Jarvis and Adelaide

BA.jpg

Attachments

• BA.jpg
    BA.jpg
    671.7 KB · Views: 2,463
In the right conditions, it's as if the building isn't even there. That could be interpreted as either a good thing or a bad thing.

Let 'em learn the hard way. Kids are too coddled nowadays, they need to be allowed to break a few bones to learn a lesson.

I don't see how that's any different than rock climbing or cliff diving. Let them have fun.

Fear of heights is built into all of us by nature. If they managed to get that high, they probably know what they're doing.

I don't see how that's any different than rock climbing or cliff diving. Let them have fun.

Fear of heights is built into all of us by nature. If they managed to get that high, they probably know what they're doing.

OT - Actually if said individual falls and ended up quadraplegic and needing 24/7 care, you bet it will be the business of the state - in the form of health care costs. That, and some killjoy will probably attempt to sue the city for not having incorporated proper barriers. There won't be much of a case, I'd imagine, but you'd still take up time - hence money - on the justice system.

AoD

Those barriers are there to deter climbing, but also to protect the city from liability. If they fall after ignoring the warnings at their own risk, it is on them.

Back