Toronto Bauhaus Condos | 110.9m | 32s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

Here is Bauhaus in context, with other nearby developments:

uKVgv1Q.png

Reactions: PMT
Elaborate?

There are so many rectilinear minimalist buildings in the city built in the past 15 years that it's starting to feel like we're beating a dead horse. With that said, this building looks sophisticated and attractive with its sharp grid facade, high-end glass, distinctive yet understated details like the disappearing frame at the top in the back of the building, and the good relationship with the street out front.

Height increased to 32 storeys and total units increased from 205 to 218 in latest submission to the City:

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 1.22.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 1.23.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 1.23.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 1.23.45 PM.png

Of course Lamb *increases* an already aggressive project's density and height. I'm sure this is heading straight to the board like all of his other projects.. and given the approval timelines and the fact he's already gone into sales - I imagine that it'll get a cancellation and rebranding like all his other recent projects as well.

I like it. Can't believe straightforward infill development like this gets tied up at the board. This is a big part of why housing is so expensive here. City staff are wasting their time and public resources opposing files like this. Let's get on with it.

Of course Lamb *increases* an already aggressive project's density and height. I'm sure this is heading straight to the board like all of his other projects.. and given the approval timelines and the fact he's already gone into sales - I imagine that it'll get a cancellation and rebranding like all his other recent projects as well.

Read the revised planning rationale. This is in response to other recent approvals with greater height in the area. Do you blame a developer for going to the Board when simple infill housing is opposed despite numerous precedents in the immediate area?

I like it. Can't believe straightforward infill development like this gets tied up at the board. This is a big part of why housing is so expensive here. City staff are wasting their time and public resources opposing files like this. Let's get on with it.

Read the revised planning rationale. This is in response to other recent approvals with greater height in the area. Do you blame a developer for going to the Board when simple infill housing is opposed despite numerous precedents in the immediate area?

This shares a 32 storey party wall with the Great Gulf office building next door. It's too big for the site (like, way too big), and will have huge overlook issues for the west and north facing units with the office building.

It's already at the Board.

I'm no fan of Brad but I'm fine with this. The site is unique in that there aren't any real windows on the east facade of the office building so it makes sense that they go 0 lot line until the 9th floor. The west facade is glazed above the roof there so I'd assume that he's tried to negotiate some sort of LDA with them.

Tall buildings on tiny sites should be the future, not something to be scared of. Sure, we need better rules to regulate them, but the idea shouldn't be dismissed outright. The idea that you're going to get 25m in all directions is becoming more and more of an anomaly every year.

Putting aside whether the height is appropriate for the area or not, this is a good-looking proposal. There are plenty of locations that deserve a building like this.

Back