Toronto Bathurst Quay Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | Kearns Mancini

On July 28, 2009, the governments of Canada and Ontario announced the
Infrastructure Stimulus Fund for Not-for-Profit Organizations. Metronome submitted
an application on August 18, 2009 for partial funding of phase one construction.

The city said we're moving on but , the guy behind the vision doesn't know when to quit.

And the city has taken away Metronome's right to use the silos. The project could not be more dead.

And the city has taken away Metronome's right to use the silos. The project could not be more dead.

Or is it? I thought the the city was walking away from the site. If federal funding and corporate sponsorship money come to the table, that could just catalyse a reincarnation......

That will not happen in our, or anyone else's, lifetime. They will get no money and they have no land (other than that....).

Well, this is a new website with new renderings and a new application for funds... with a renewed commitment from a major sponsor.

If the City of Toronto doesn't want the silos, I don't see anything wrong with Metronome going ahead if they can get the cash.

At the Bid Committee meeting on 14 October the City is going to award a contract to remove the metal structures on the east side of the silos.
Call Document Request for Quotation 3910-09-5135
Description Removal of the Marine Leg, Structural Steel, Train Car Shed, and other Associated Parts and Equipment at 5 Eireann Quay

Recommended Bidder
JMX Contracting Inc.

I don't have access to architectural drawings but I believe the silos wouldn't serve any practical purpose. They'd just be an iconic structure that would remain attached to a brand new building, annexed on the West side of the building.

There doesn't seem to be a need to convert the silos for use as useable space.

If this is the case, they just need to reinforce the interior of the silos so the don't fall apart and patch up the exterior.

I don't have access to architectural drawings but I believe the silos wouldn't serve any practical purpose. They'd just be an iconic structure that would remain attached to a brand new building, annexed on the West side of the building.

There doesn't seem to be a need to convert the silos for use as useable space.

If this is the case, they just need to reinforce the interior of the silos so the don't fall apart and patch up the exterior.

I read something about an array of escalators moving people through the silos to different levels to view various projects. If this does move ahead as planned, the silos - at least to some degree, will be functional spaces.

Community Consultation about the Canada Malting Silos

Date: Wednesday October 21
Time: 6:00 - 8:00 pm
627 Queens Quay West (Queens Quay and Bathurst)
Medium Assembly Room

Councillor Adam Vaughan invites you to attend this public meeting to provide your feedback about the future of the Canada Malting Silos.

Over the years there have been a number of meetings, ideas and plans about the Canada Malting Silos site. Recent discussions about a Toronto Museum at the silos have concluded. Some new ideas are now emerging about the Malting Silos and we want your input.

City staff from City Planning, Heritage Preservation Services, and Urban Design will be in attendance to provide updates about the current condition of the Malting Silos and receive your feedback about next steps.

For more information, please call 416-392-4044 or e-mail Councillor_Vaughan@toronto.ca.

Back