Member Bio
Reaction score
This looks to be the Kromer Radio site.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5T 2S6

Ward 19: Trinity-Spadina
Application#: 11 221776 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jun 17, 2011

Project: Non-Residential Building New Building

Description: Proposal to construct a 3 sty reatail building with underground parking.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=43.654402,-79.406882&spn=0.00021,0.0018&layer=c&cbll=43.65446,-79.406906&cbp=12,286.71,,0,-0.45&om=1&panoid=pNQ2tpz8cSTYr2m-mknmog&t=h&z=20

A three story retail building...sounds like another Dufferin Mall. Given the surrounding area and the prominence of this location, wouldn't this space better serve a taller, mixed-use building? Toronto Western already set a new precedent in height. I also hope that this project includes swallowing the surface lot directly south of the Kromer building.

Good news. Bathurst has a lot of potential. The stretch from Queen to Bloor has more than a few potential development sites, there are still several parking lots. I used to take the 501 streetcar almost daily and would notice the possibilities.

Good news. The entire westside of that stretch of Bathurst is pretty bad, and can pretty much be replaced by new developments.

Not to be a total negative nancy, but this is the same twitter account that is talking about the 100 storey and two 80 storeys condo at Yonge and Bloor.

I find it hard to believe a credible real estate agent who doesn't know where the annex is...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/09/16/kensington-gets-glimpse-of-potential-big-box-store/

Kensington gets glimpse of potential big box store

Erin Byrnes Sep 16, 2011 – 8:40 AM ET

The three-storey, 14,000 square-foot building spearheaded by RioCan development would take up nearly 100 metres of Bathurst Street storefront, and would sit atop what is now Kromer Radio.

Mr. Robins didn’t name the tenants, but RioCan’s plan for the site shows a building designed with friendly, urban flair. Rather than the standard windowless, suburban big-box store, the RioCan proposal includes a large building that faces out onto Bathurst Street with street-level shop entrances, a parking lot entrance, a galleria and circulation areas.

The building would also come with three levels of underground parking, providing between 316 and 365 spots.

Somehow I missed this thread. Does this mean Kromer is going or being built on top of, and around? Kromer and TeleCity have been my two favorate geeky hangouts for all things home theatre for decades.

Not to be a total negative nancy, but this is the same twitter account that is talking about the 100 storey and two 80 storeys condo at Yonge and Bloor.

Since it turns out that the twitter news was accurate, wouldn't this be a point in favour of the accuracy of the Yorkville rumours?

This sounds ominous to me. Even though that article describes a building that is better for RioCan, it still sounds far worse than what anyone else would build.

Back