Toronto Backstage On The Esplanade | 116.73m | 36s | Cityzen | P + S / IBI

^ So the project has at least 4 floors of parking, plus at least 10 (and probably more) floors of office space? Say 14-16 floors in total. That's getting tall enough that the term "tower" is not a total misnomer.

Can't wait until we get a render to see what this will look like and find out how tall it'll be.

Having all the transit bodies in one building makes a lot of sense.

Perhaps a good way for the TTC to make some money would be to sell the McBride Building (I think that's the name of it) at Davisville to a developer (possibly including the air rights over the Davisville yard) and moving TTC head office to this "transit tower."

I really think it makes sense to have all these transit agencies in one buliding. If nothing else, it forces them all to talk to each other. As it stands, if you call GO Transit now for route help, they are forbidden to tell you about any TTC routes and vice versa.

Totally agree... and after years of these TTC rumours, I wouldn't be suprised to see a flurry (winter theme) of TTC redevelopment announcements ($$).

^Take Keele Stn for example. There's plenty of immigrants nearby in apt buildings, single family homes etc. What is really lacking in the area is decent shopping choices and a Tim Horton's! My solution: the TTC sell the air rights @Keele Stn to Wal-Mart to build a Supercentre "on top" of subway with some rental apt's, a Timmy's.... Then my nabe would be perfect:)

I hope they hire an architect that will be inventive enough to work with the L-tower and the building to the east that looks like a Trivial Pursuit pie piece; I always liked the view of that building from the new Go bus terminal.

I hope they hire an architect that will be inventive enough to work with the L-tower and the building to the east that looks like a Trivial Pursuit pie piece; I always liked the view of that building from the new Go bus terminal.
I always liked that building.

cornerbuildingyongeesplwl0.jpg

So there's already an underground parking lot here.

I always liked that building.

Well, it's probably one of Toronto's most underrated highrises of the last quarter century--hey, don't sneer, it's from a moment when PoMoRetro actually had the freshness of something "current", rather than retrogressive...

That's a tiny fraction of One King West prices, and the building does a way better job of looking PoMo.

This Esplanade flatiron condo actually makes a great impression- it's absolutely gorgeous. I used to think it actually WAS an old building that had been renovated.

I was architecturally naive at the time, but still-- it does an excellent job of looking historic.

It's a mystery to me why the psf is so low for this building. I owned a unit in it for 4 years, and the amenities are as good as almost any other condo building of the same era. Not to mention that the location is fantastic, and the skyline view is stunning (especially from the rooftop), since the CBD begins practically across the street!

Bill

Minimum 8 stories, take into account elevator shafts, and utility, also that not all 30 000 feet is going to be the tower, maybe a little less, some parking levels maybe above and below ground, plus does the first floor and lobby count as office space? So I would predict 21-23 stories.

Back