Toronto Axiom Condos | 74.98m | 21s | Greenpark | Kirkor Architects

Dane

Member Bio
Reaction score
couldn't find a thread for this, and there's not too much information about it other than the address is 460 Adelaide street, heres the link where I found it

http://hariripontarini.com/#project/green_park

3132520742_8e4bdb9e16_o.png

I like it... haha

That's got to be the large parking lot on the north side of Adelaide just east of Sherbourne. They originally tried to get 29 stories. There's a sign up. Plazacorp possibly?

Looks chunky ... is it one building?

------

I pulled this information from HPA's site:

In the tradition of low rise buildings in the King Street East warehouse district, the new construction at 460 Adelaide Street East keeps a low rise brick podium scaled to fit the neighbourhood. The 19 storey 400 unit courtyard building wraps around the central open space to allow a generous amount of light into all units. The façade has several unique features including a thoughtful break up of the façade pieces to better reflect the haphazard beauty of the traditional buildings of the neighbourhood. The façade will also feature translucent screens applied in a random pattern to aide in this effort. Ground floor retail space along Adelaide Street will continue to add density and diversity into this mixed use neighbourhood.

Last edited:
That's got to be the large parking lot on the north side of Adelaide just east of Sherbourne. They originally tried to get 29 stories. There's a sign up. Plazacorp possibly?

Yes, 406 Adelaide East is the parking lot on north side of Adelaide just opposite Princess Street. It has a Plazacorp sign saying "Condos Coming" - I do not think any official applications have been made yet.

Yes, 406 Adelaide East is the parking lot on north side of Adelaide just opposite Princess Street. It has a Plazacorp sign saying "Condos Coming" - I do not think any official applications have been made yet.

If there's a sign for Plazacorp, then will this design be retained since it was done by HPA for Greenpark, as indicated on the website?

Simple. It's not the Plazacorp site. It's the corner lot beside the Plazacorp site.

This could be one dense, complete block with the expansion proposed to the historical buildings on the corner of Adelaide and Sherbourne, Plazacorp's midblock tower, and now Greenpark on the corner of Ontario & Adelaide. I wouldn't discount a second phase to Greenpark to occupy the site of the nondescript commercial lowrise beside the Tridel condo considering the half block was assembled for three office towers at the start of the new millenium.

Last edited:
maestro is correct ... this GREENPARK site is 424-460 Adelaide Street East, whereas the PLAZACORP site is immmediately to the west at 400 Adelaide Street East, as shown in the map

400-460Adelaide.jpg

you can see the existing lot boundaries to the north in the ground floor plan to figure out the extend of this site as well ~

460Adelaide_ground.jpg

Another building rendering from Hariri Pontarini Architects' website:

460Adelaide_rendering.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing it up maestro; and nice find Solaris.

It looks like HPA is the new 'go to' firm, at least on the east side with Vu and these 2 new projects from Plazacorp and Greenpark, and others in the city like Minto King West, Minto St. Thomas, etc.
I like their designs - a blend of old, in keeping with the areas, concrete and glassed mixed with brick detailings.

Adelaide St. E will be one nice block between Sherbourne and Princess if these 2 buildings get built. :)

looking at this Greenpark proposal again ... the building kind of reminds me of the Kings Court building down the street at King + Sherbourne (in a good way) :)

KingsCourt.jpg

Back