Toronto Axiom Condos | 74.98m | 21s | Greenpark | Kirkor Architects

^^ Agreed.

I like the massing on this building, and I love the offset glass effect. Another great design from this firm :)

Last edited:
Nice. Projects with massing such as this do so much more for the street than point towers with dinky podiums. More like this, please.

Midrise areas (Paris, London, St. Lawrence area of Toronto) do have nice, continuous streetwalls and work well as long as park space is created properly. :)

I am so in love with this project, or atleast the model of the building. LOL

PS. I wish they had a rendering of the inner courtyard. We need more of that St. Lawrence neighbourhood style of inner courtyards within projects... it gives a communal backyard that can be a very refreshing touch.

Two lobbies or at least two sets of elevators. Mixed use, perhaps?

This proposal went to the Design Review Panel meeting on October 22, 2009 ... seems like Hariri Pontarini got dropped (sadly) and the Kirkor/Greenpark partnership strikes again (after Rosewood & Govenors Square) ... is this going to be one of those Cliff Korman's signature "solid citizen buildings" again made up of precast + brick ??

Project 1: King-Parliament Neighbourhood
424 - 460 Adelaide Street East
Rezoning and Site Plan Application (1st DRP Review)
Greenpark Developments
Presentations: Willie Macrae, Community Planning; Myron Boyko, Urban Design
Cliff Korman, Kirkor Architects and Planners

http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/design_review/drp_agenda_oct09.pdf

It's BAAAACK - maybe!

OPA / Rezoning

Rezoning application to construct new 2 tower condo - 17 and 19 stories. - 480 residential dwelling units - 3 levels below grade parking - 274 residential parking spaces - APPLICATION IS FOR BOTH 424-460 ADELAIDE E.

Application Number 10 215620 STE 28 OZ Application Status ---
Planner Name
Phone# --- Date Received Jul 8, 2010
Community Meeting Date --- Status Date ---
Statutory Meeting Date --- Proposed Non-Residential GFA (sq m) ---

Proposed Residential GFA (sq m) ---

Lot Size (sq m) ---

Proposed Residential Units ---

Proposed Storeys ---

Here's how the proposal looked when it went to the DRP in October last year with Kirkor's plan:

AxiomKirkor.jpg

The name being considered for the project is Axiom. You can read how the Design Review Panel received the project here.

Back