Markham Aviva Canada | ?m | 12s | Remington Group | BDP Quadrangle

Benbola: You are correct, the expected occupancy was Jan 2017 but I heard due to weather conditions last year there is now a delay until Sept 2017. Not sure how true this is as its just hearsay and not directly from Remington.
Thanks for giving the update.
I always thought the interior stuff like electrical, plumbing, other interior finishes etc is faster than raising the structure itself. Would it really take the entire 2016 and few months of 2017 for the building to be ready to move in??? Just curious. I am not by any means knowledgeable in construction trade, there could be a lot of other things like inspections etc that could be time consuming.
Depends on the building, but mechanical work (ie. electrical, HVAC, elevator) generally takes as long or longer.

IMG_8579.JPG

IMG_8580.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8579.JPG
    IMG_8579.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,917
  • IMG_8580.JPG
    IMG_8580.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,600
I always thought the interior stuff like electrical, plumbing, other interior finishes etc is faster than raising the structure itself. Would it really take the entire 2016 and few months of 2017 for the building to be ready to move in???

As somebody else has already pointed out, this can take just as long, if not longer. That being said ... they've got interior lights turned on at night, and it appears that a lot of the ductwork and at least some of the electrical and plumbing is in place for all but the top 2-3 floors. I'd be surprised if this isn't completed by Jan 2017. On the other hand, it seems to me that every residential development in Downtown Markham was completed way late, so who knows.

Thanks a lot Salsa for posting updated photos. Now that the exterior is all covered up, workers can work on the interior finishes through the winter. I agree, looking at the progress, it might be ready to move in early 2017.
Signature condos are all sold out. does anyone know any good resale or new condos close to the new aviva building? Homes are too expensive around this area.

Signature condos are all sold out. does anyone know any good resale or new condos close to the new aviva building? Homes are too expensive around this area.

Here's a map you can bookmark of available properties for sale. If you're looking for nearby condos, there's a cluster of buildings immediately to the North of Downtown Markham running West from the intersection of Birchmount and Highway 7 (Times Group, "Uptown Markham") -- several buildings are complete, and more are coming. There's another development cluster a bit to the West at the intersection of Town Centre Blvd and Highway 7 (multiple developers). "Fontana" is the project currently under construction there -- I think they were premium priced. But there are a number of buildings in that area that were completed several years ago, and there's always quite a bit available on MLS.

A new residential building should be announced by Remington soon for Downtown Markham, but it probably won't have a completion date until around the time that the first phase of the York campus is built.

Thanks again for sharing fresh photos. Looks great!
GoodLife is also opening a location soon which will be walking distance from Aviva.

What the point of having a ever so slight angle on this is so subtle t made as well have not been in the design. Go pointy or go home... Lol

There are many design elements on this building that I don't understand. For example, what is the point of those fins.

Also, this being downtown markham, why is this building being surrounded by a parking lot?

Back