Markham Aviva Canada | ?m | 12s | Remington Group | BDP Quadrangle

I work right by Aviva's office, and the location is worth it for the lunch options alone. Great stretch of Middle Eastern places up on Lawrence, and as far as chains go, Fat Bastard, Five Guys and California Sandwiches are all nearby. The Golden Mile ain't pretty, but I've grown to like it in a weird way. The Eglinton LRT should do a lot for the area too, they're building new condos at Birchmount and Lawrence, and both the 401 and DVP are relatively close-by. A lot of recent development has been big box, but I think this area is going to see a big turnaround and resurgence.

Plus, if you're inclined to go exploring, there's lots of mid-century modern industrial architecture still lying around and a few other cool modern landmarks in the area.

I work right by Aviva's office, and the location is worth it for the lunch options alone. Great stretch of Middle Eastern places up on Lawrence, and as far as chains go, Fat Bastard, Five Guys and California Sandwiches are all nearby. The Golden Mile ain't pretty, but I've grown to like it in a weird way. The Eglinton LRT should do a lot for the area too, they're building new condos at Birchmount and Lawrence, and both the 401 and DVP are relatively close-by. A lot of recent development has been big box, but I think this area is going to see a big turnaround and resurgence.

Plus, if you're inclined to go exploring, there's lots of mid-century modern industrial architecture still lying around and a few other cool modern landmarks in the area.

I'll keep my fingers crossed but I just don't seeing it happening (the turn around in the office market that is) I can definitely see more condos going in around this stretch but that's just about it. Time will tell.

I don't see Ionview with possibly the largest concentration of mid rise apartments in Toronto changing. The prison will keep condo development away from the eastern half of the golden mile. However, you do have TDs sprawling computing centre south of the Aviva complex.

No pictures but I passed by the site today; the building's pretty much topped out now, and some cladding has gone up along the perimeter of the bottom floors. Not sure if it was construction equipment or the permanent roofline, but there were some parapet-like structures that subtly sloped down toward each corner.

Cladding has progressed on the tower - mind these pictures are from a week ago, so there might be more up since I was last there. Taken from the GO bus on my phone; no fancy DSLR shots today :rolleyes:

13 March 2015:

4dmHdyL.png

95UstJt.png

Thanks to all of you for sharing photos. Last photo was shared April 2015, can someone please share more recent photos? Much appreciated.
Word is that the expected completion is in Sept 2017. Looking at the pace with which the building is being constructed it might be done in early 2017.

I thought when the building was first announced that Remington had guaranteed it would be ready for occupancy in Jan 2017? Perhaps I misread, or due to mid-project developments or changes that goal has been dropped.

The exterior cladding and windows are nearly done (just the top floor or two remaining).

Benbola: You are correct, the expected occupancy was Jan 2017 but I heard due to weather conditions last year there is now a delay until Sept 2017. Not sure how true this is as its just hearsay and not directly from Remington.
Thanks for giving the update.
I always thought the interior stuff like electrical, plumbing, other interior finishes etc is faster than raising the structure itself. Would it really take the entire 2016 and few months of 2017 for the building to be ready to move in??? Just curious. I am not by any means knowledgeable in construction trade, there could be a lot of other things like inspections etc that could be time consuming.

Back