Toronto Avani and Avani2 at Metrogate Condos | 105.15m | 35s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
Word is this 5th tower in the Metrogate community is being launched in August 2011

perhaps TWM can shed some light on this ? :)

Development Application for 5th + 6th Towers Submitted - they are the 2 towers seen on the far left below

metrogateplan_500.jpg

255 VILLAGE GREEN SQ
Site Plan Approval Application
File #: 11 126062 ESC 40 SA
Received: Feb 14, 2011
Site Plan Approval for Block 7 - Two 35 storey residential condominium towers with 668 units and main floor daycare

July 23 2011 update

Avani @ Metrogate .... coming soon .... sales office remodeling underway ~

IMG_1164.jpg
IMG_1163.jpg

Sorry I'm sure this has been asked before, any retail at all in the entire development ?

I know there's retail in Solaris ..... and I "think" there is going to be some retail space in the base of Avani as well ~

Thought I'd pass these along. The Metrogate community image has been updated from the original (losing one tower on the north side next to Avani). Also included a picture taken of the wall mounted rendering on the side of the Metrogate showroom building.
metrogatenew.png

img0038gh.jpg

Thanks Rakeesh ... good eyes spotting these renderings on site ~

Design wise Avani seems to be somewhat disappointing, the towers feel like boring typical boxes you see around Scarborough Town Centre ... I was expecting to see some curved faces similar to Solaris & Ventus .... or like the orignial rendering:

building_night_640.jpg

as with the missing (office) tower between Avani and Ventus .... I think Tridel just decided to not "show" it in this rendering .... more likely than not, Tridel probably won't build that office building in the end based on the arguement that the demand is not there, which is kind of annoying as many builders are getting away with this bait and switch game, get residential condo development approvals with a pitch of constructing a certain amount of office space, but in the end only buidling the residential and drop the office component

Unless the Metrogate site ends up with a subway station and GO station, it's a pretty terrible site for an office tower. I don't blame Tridel for not moving forward with it without that infrastructure.

If one can support 6 condo towers, 2100+ residential units without the transit infrastructure, there is no reason why it can not support a modest 20 storey office building to live up to the builder's approval commitment (which is residential AND office)

A twenty storey office building may house nearly as many people as the entire community. Where will the parking go? Almost every advantage of its cheaper suburban location will be lost by its proposed density. I'd be shocked if Tridel pulls it off.

Avani at Metrogate VR Renderings

Some of the first Avani renderings are now available online.

Updated masterplan rendering

riSH2g

pwfLc9

qAQ0nH

Lobby
qNlid1

Party Room
qrNy0p

Two Solaris and Ventus Towers can be seen to the south and southeast.

Last edited:
Thanks TWM ... perhaps you should let the VR company know that the rendering has the spandrels on Solaris' rooftop architectural feature slanted in the opposite direction (on the west elevation, the higher slanted silver mechanial roof is correct, but the lower slanted spandrel surround should go the other way to create a zig-zag like pattern), refer to the as-built photo below:

IMG_1170.jpg

Also, Tridel revised the west arm of the podium garage from 3 down to 2 storeys quite a while ago too ~

wow at those renderings, very impressive lobby/entrance, definitely a place i want to live!

One thing i hope for the future of condos is that they decorate parking lots since im rarely in the lobby - i go from parking lot to my suit on a daily basis without encountering the front entrance

Scaled Model

More views of the Avani model~

The Tower
IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg
IMG_1213.jpg

The Base
IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

Back