Toronto Avani and Avani2 at Metrogate Condos | 105.15m | 35s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza

This is Tridel. This is what they do. Why people continue to expect different results is beyond me.

They're a quality builder but design is not their strong suit.

This looks like one of the older Community Housing slabs in Scarborough I used to live in when I was younger :D seems to fit well with the area :cool:

Yesterday:

IMG_4637 copy.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4637 copy.jpg
    IMG_4637 copy.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 770
hate to say this (sorry Tridel)... but Avani is surely the ugliest in the Metrogate community

Why be sorry? Tridel inflicted this horror show on us, not the other way around. If anything, we should be getting an apology from them...

Ugly or not, Tridel builds good buildings for its customers. Avani has some solid amenities, and was somewhere my parents were considering moving to because of.

I would generally agree to your comment WislaHD wrt Tridel products ... but as a former owner @ Solaris, I would be tempted to say that the Metrogate project is in a (sub-par) league of it own unlike other Tridel sites which typically has solid amenities, decent common area finishes etc ... which were clearly absent @ Solaris + Ventus ... that's why when you talk to Tridel staff, you will find that they like to distance themselves from what got built @ Metrogate and is sometimes references as "Ooo that project" ... you should really see how beautiful Solaris is inside today :(

In the end, that was the reason (and poor property management) why I sold and moved out of Solaris in less than 2 years

Last edited:
The lobby is done! some photos we took with a cell phone.
IMG_3392-edited.jpg

IMG_4303-edited.jpg

IMG_4306 (2).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3392-edited.jpg
    IMG_3392-edited.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_4303-edited.jpg
    IMG_4303-edited.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_4306 (2).JPG
    IMG_4306 (2).JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 598
I love how the Tridel representative was not put off by the negative comments in this thread and cheerfully shared the lobby photos. Anyway, my parents live in Ventus and my major beef is with the traffic bottleneck at Kennedy. Foot traffic-wise we are still waiting for potentially something to connect to Sheppard and a future train station. But I don't think there is going to be another vehicular exit built. Add the redevelopment at the Delta this is going to be a nightmare.

Indeed the traffic nightmare is going to get much worst at the intersection of Village Green Square and Kennedy ... with no road improvements in sight, imagine the current problems from 4 existing towers compounded by 2 Avani towers coming online, together with Tridel's 7th tower (was office site) east of Avani, plus 3 more towers on the Delta site (The Kennedys) ... that's residents from 10 condo high rises all funneling out via 1 signalised intersection exiting from the Metrogate community .... :eek:

Back