Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I walk through the basement three-four times a week from the parking garage to get to the gym. I originally was aghast at the basement shops, but as I've got to know the people who run the shops and realize in a way as the modest retail gets pushed off or Yonge street due to high taxes and new buildings, the fact that there is a place that someone can start a shop and build something with reasonable rent is a positive. Even as a less expensive bricks and mortar location for a business (Apple repair) or cleaning, it works. Yes half of the stores are still empty and I feel bad every time I don't buy a gatorade from the variety shop, my belief that the need for options beyond high cost store fronts is to be supported.

so does anyone know when/if the PATH connection from college park to dundas will be built? on the official map it just says "future walkway"...
thanks in advance!
Clearly not until that block (actually 3 blocks) gets developed, and someone is willing to or forced to, build the tunnel under Gerrard. Of course, it WILL be done but it won't be soon. However, even if (when) the link towards Dundas is built there is still the problem that the Aura building's links to College Park are so crappy.

You know you have hit rock bottom when one have to rely on/hope for surrounding developments to mitigate the architectural bankruptcy of this project. A damning indictment.

AoD

Lots of potential for the basement shops to become something of a pacific mall type environment. I think that'd be fantastic.
Don't forget that the Aura basement units are all individually owned while Pacific Mall has one owner. Far harder to get lots of individual owners to move in one direction. Also, I suspect the taxes, rents & fees at Aura are FAR higher than those at PM and I bet the PM profit margins are not high so similar businesses being able to afford higher fixed costs will be very difficult.

Greetings to everyone here, I decided to make my first post in the forum after two months of reading and learning. This past Thursday I moved into Aura after relocating to Toronto from Manitoba. I had never seen the building In person, only in pictures. I have to say, my first impression has me hoping I can stay here for a long time. I absolutely love this place! The views from the 73rd storey have me speechless. The interior of the condo itself is awesome. I was surprised at how quiet the building is, and quite pleased, as I am a light sleeper.

Thank you to everyone contributing to the forums. I have learned a lot from you.

Greetings to everyone here, I decided to make my first post in the forum after two months of reading and learning. This past Thursday I moved into Aura after relocating to Toronto from Manitoba. I had never seen the building In person, only in pictures. I have to say, my first impression has me hoping I can stay here for a long time. I absolutely love this place! The views from the 73rd storey have me speechless. The interior of the condo itself is awesome. I was surprised at how quiet the building is, and quite pleased, as I am a light sleeper.

Thank you to everyone contributing to the forums. I have learned a lot from you.
Welcome, avoid the basenent!

Don't avoid the basement...explore and support.

Just don't fall behind your monthly maintenance fees?

don_jail.jpg

Actually from link. lol

Back