Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Aura at College Park 
388 Yonge Street, Toronto
Developer: Canderel Residential

Aura at College Park | 272m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Porter gave me a pretty great view of the skyline on the solstice. Didn't want to spam it on every thread, so I picked this one because it like how it shows how much of a landmark Aura really is, for better or worse. View attachment 148918
From the same evening:

DSC07550.jpg

Not your plane, (taken a little earlier) but it just amuses me to have been out there shooting at the same time. I would have seen your plane, but had my camera aimed at Eau du Soleil (results in that thread) around the time you were lined up for landing.

Attachments

Torontovibe

The basement retail gets worse by the day! Has anybody seen the food court recently? One restaurant is open and almost every chair in that food court has the back ripped out. The place is just falling apart!

Attachments

Don't forget about "Improve Canada", also a ghost "mall", that one has been open forever and still has major vacancies/failed businesses. The hilarious thing is the fake 4.1 star review on Google, mostly desperate business operators within the mall trying to drum up interest by submitting fake/5 star reviews. These condo retail shoe box type units/malls have mostly all been major failures in North America.

Miscreant

Aura’s basement retail-condo mall might finally have competition,... for deadest mall - New Horizon Mall north of Calgary with only 9 stores open out of 517 retail-condo units (IE 98% empty), 6 months after opening.
View attachment 157644
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/new-horizon-mall-calgary-retail-business-1.4831026

View attachment 157645
https://calgaryherald.com/business/...delays-grand-opening-developer-remains-upbeat
I was in Calgary once--albeit briefly. This is obviously an extreme case, but the entire city is bizarrely sterile.