Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Some coverage in the Star.

I have mixed feelings about this project. Yes, of course it's better than the surface parking lot it replaces. And density in the core is great. I'm happy that people are choosing to live in my neighbourhood. But it could have been WAY better than it has turned out. The engineering work to construct the tower is certainly impressive. It's just too bad the building looks so unrelentingly mediocre.

Well, we're stuck with it. I guess we'll just get used to having it around.

It's too much. It's as if they tried to incorporate every single design element into this building. It's much like the Bell Tiff Lightbox mess.

From the Gladstone Hotel:

BWm5Neh.jpg

I get a weird vibe from this picture, made me think of this. Specifically "I see you"

[video=youtube;G11prumD2pY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G11prumD2pY[/video]

If spandrel is a thing that makes us weep in the future, it will be bright indeed.

Nice shot!

Imagine if you were a neighbour. You'd have to look at Aura every day. Your view would be awful.

I do have to look at it every day and it looks spectacular from my balcony..... especially at dawn. I keep my door open just so I can look at it when I'm eating. I'm not a fan of the spandrel but I just thank my lucky stars that I don't have to look at Bay-Adelaide instead. I'd surely slip into a coma.

Last edited:
it will prob look awful in its full occupancy, with all the blinds and cheap cladding

You can already see curtains/blinds starting to go up on the bottom quarter of the building.

Back