Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

One of the best locations. It is core downtown, on Yonge Street across from Ryerson University Campus, a block away from Eaton Centre (our mini Time Square), easy walking distance to City Hall, University of Toronto and all three Hospitals in Downtown. What more you could ask for?
Because of the location, this building will always be in demand. Inspite of all the shortcomings, one day you will find those Double Decker tourist buses driving past this building because of its sheer height.

Last edited:
Because the parking lot it replaced was so much better? If the parking lots directly northwest of city hall had been built up, I'd buy the "missed opportunity" argument, but as of now, Aura is still much better than those dreaded areas that continue to plague downtown, north of Queen. Oh, and lets face it, Aura is a million times better than anything in College Park, save for one or two buildings.

the parking lot was better

One of the best locations. It is core downtown, on Yonge Street across from Ryerson University Campus, a block away from Eaton Centre (our mini Time Square), easy walking distance to City Hall, University of Toronto and all three Hospitals in Downtown. What more you could ask for?
Because of the location, this building will always be in demand. Inspite of all the shortcomings, one day you will find those Double Decker tourist buses driving past this building because of its sheer height.

You forgot to mention the convenient local strip club.

I think he absolutely does get it. It's not that great a location. There's no real neighbourhood to speak of, what's there at the moment is kind of seedy and run-down, and it's no closer to those downtown amenities than about fifty other buildings that have gone up in the last decade. I'm sure it'll get better, but for the time being I doubt many people familiar with the city would actually say that Yonge/Gerrard is preferable to King West, or Yorkville, or Leslieville, or Corktown, or the Annex, or even something like Yonge/Eg.

Edit: And demand needs to be considered against supply and price. I have a feeling it won't be difficult for anyone wanting to live at Aura to find themselves a unit.

Last edited:
I get that, but by that criteria every location south of Bloor, west of the Don, and east of Bathurst is "great"

I think he absolutely does get it. It's not that great a location. There's no real neighbourhood to speak of, what's there at the moment is kind of seedy and run-down, and it's no closer to those downtown amenities than about fifty other buildings that have gone up in the last decade. I'm sure it'll get better, but for the time being I doubt many people familiar with the city would actually say that Yonge/Gerrard is preferable to King West, or Yorkville, or Leslieville, or Corktown, or the Annex, or even something like Yonge/Eg.

Edit: And demand needs to be considered against supply and price. I have a feeling it won't be difficult for anyone wanting to live at Aura to find themselves a unit.

Great post Whatever.

This is exactly what I was referring to; the area is seedy and you can definitely find other developments with similar downtown amenities.

Mafalda, your photography and editing especially is getting really impressive. Great stuff, and thanks for all the updates today!

yes! Alot of us really appreciate the photo updates as the roof camera seems to be no more. If theyre gonna fix it they are certainly taking their sweet time.

enna.jpg

Back