Toronto Auberge On The Park | 148.9m | 45s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza

It a so beautiful complex.We have a nice designed complex and it s opposed by the city.
Really! If it was a standard ugly box, it would have been approved by the city.
I hope OMB will approve it.

It's Tridel and Graziani+ Corazza. Beautiful and nice designed ain't happening. Planning is much more involved than how a complex looks too.

Updated renderings from G+C. These are for Tower 'B' in the site plan:
upload_2016-8-8_10-31-58.png

I'm not impressed.
upload_2016-8-8_10-34-13.png

upload_2016-8-8_10-36-18.png
upload_2016-8-8_10-37-12.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-8_10-31-58.png
    upload_2016-8-8_10-31-58.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 1,173
  • upload_2016-8-8_10-34-13.png
    upload_2016-8-8_10-34-13.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 1,164
  • upload_2016-8-8_10-36-18.png
    upload_2016-8-8_10-36-18.png
    217.2 KB · Views: 1,129
  • upload_2016-8-8_10-37-12.png
    upload_2016-8-8_10-37-12.png
    245.5 KB · Views: 1,190
There's so much going on here, it's like an Ivory on Adelaide type form, with typical condo glass box style as well. It's busy, for sure. But what's obvious is that this style is becoming more common with the changes to the building code limiting vision glass. As much as the views from vision glass are nice, I would prefer to live in a building with far better insulation. Precast cladding makes more sense as a building material, as much as I'm never really of fan of it. 88 Scott looks decent though so at least it is possible to develop with it.

But with Tridel and GC it's unlikely that we will see good materiality unfortunately.

The blocky building type can be done very well, Picasso stands out in a great way. But that's thanks to good materials and daring accents. The outcome here will probably be grey mullions and off-white precast. If they use high-contrast materials it could work out, I like Ivory quite a lot. I guess we'll just have to see...

I too like the revised renderings ... but I question the 'fluff' greenery shown in the balcony which is erroneously misleading

There's so much going on here, it's like an Ivory on Adelaide type form, with typical condo glass box style as well. It's busy, for sure. But what's obvious is that this style is becoming more common with the changes to the building code limiting vision glass. As much as the views from vision glass are nice, I would prefer to live in a building with far better insulation. Precast cladding makes more sense as a building material, as much as I'm never really of fan of it. 88 Scott looks decent though so at least it is possible to develop with it.

But with Tridel and GC it's unlikely that we will see good materiality unfortunately.

The blocky building type can be done very well, Picasso stands out in a great way. But that's thanks to good materials and daring accents. The outcome here will probably be grey mullions and off-white precast. If they use high-contrast materials it could work out, I like Ivory quite a lot. I guess we'll just have to see...

Wow. I wish I didn't open this thread.

This isn't even Ivory quality. This is a big mess. That little bit of precast isn't going to stop these from being spandrel glass behemoths either.

I think this is going to look awful dated in a hurry. It looks clunky already... once the design language du jour loses its currency, it's going to be very regrettable indeed.

I want to like this, I really do, but I know it's Tridel and GC, so I am guessing the outside won't look even as highly glazed as these renderings suggest, and it will as Lenser mentioned, be very dated looking in 10,15 years. One thing I will say about Tridel that probably doesn't get mention, they seem to do quality interiors, not a lot of complaints from what I have seen of their interiors, would be nice thought if they could fit some nice exterior work in to their proformas expenses though. I get it - mid market buildings mostly, tight profit margins blah blah blah, but somehow the Scandinavians can do it more often with their mid level buildings. (Sorry just got back from a month over there admiring their designs, I have a friend who builds Snohetta's buildings in Oslo...still a little jealous of them.)

Back