Toronto Atrium on Bay Expansion | 114m | 34s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

I've been seeing this all over the web, on Twitter and Instagram:

I don't know if this is official and they're legitimately looking for input but the form I tried never asked for any preferences or anything to do with the Atrium's retailers. It captured demographic data and then concluded.

I've been seeing this all over the web, on Twitter and Instagram:
View attachment 205868

I don't know if this is official and they're legitimately looking for input but the form I tried never asked for any preferences or anything to do with the Atrium's retailers. It captured demographic data and then concluded.
Don't forget that trackers follow you, unless you install addons/extensions that prevent tracking (and block ads as well).

Facebook (which includes, yes, Instagram), Twitter, and Google have numerous trackers. They have all the demographic data they need to sell to the likes of Atrium on Bay. The trackers are also responsible for the infamous "filter bubble."

I recommend that you install an ad blocker (many of which also block trackers) on every device and only use the web browser versions if possible.

New owner so I’m guessing Kingsett is changing things up.

What I was actually told was that engineers have concluded that the existing foundation cannot support the proposed floor expansion. There seem to be a lot of well connected people and insiders on this site, can any of you confirm that? Asking because I have a unit at 633 Bay st with a south facing view that would be blocked by the proposed addition

It's partially under the Sick Kid's flight path so I'd be curious what KS thinks they can do with it.
I am as well. From what I recall the sale price was quite inflated which seems to indicate a plan to redevelop, but the height limit here is quite limiting..
Maybe a tower addition with a triangular footprint wedged on the only buildable part of the site? Unless I'm looking at the flight path map wrong:
Capture.JPG

Image from this PDF: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2017/pg/bgrd/backgroundfile-106156.pdf

Looks right to me. At least one large tower at Bay and Dundas and a significantly larger mass across the rest of the site. IIRC you can still get about 30 storeys under the flightpath here. Or at least as much as what Panda is getting on the north side of Elm.

Presuming of course that Kingsett plans to tear the whole damn place down. But $600 million is a lot of money for a fast ageing office building to just give it a fresh coat of paint. We'll have to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go.........AGAIN........... LOL.......... the latest iteration of a redevelopment/expansion something something plan for this site is now into the AIC, no docs or details yet.

View attachment 361696e

Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=1kjh8p9WVJmVtKeg7Rgk2w==

We've covered this site enough times that it doesn't need a (new) photo set!

Hopefully it will look better than the last proposal (which had all the charms of area architecture).

AoD

...hopefully it will include further expansion to the atrium parts as opposed to its removal.

Back