Toronto Artistry Condos | 103.5m | 29s | Tribute | Graziani + Corazza

Artistry Condos:

1581564062368.png

It is sad we're losing another heritage building built in the 1800s...the red brick one at the corner.
This city has no regards for history or neighbourhood personality and will soon be filled with bland generic glass condos that nobody wants to visit
Sad
The city does have some regard for it: Heritage Preservation Services sees to it where it can, and they're scrambling to get worthy buildings some protection. Not every building's going to be saved though…

Hey all! I'm a young condo owner, living across the street (152 Saint Patrick St.) from where the proposed new construction will take place. Love where I live, but of course it sucks that I might be losing my view soon, and might have to deal with construction noise for a number of years, since my windows face where construction would eventually take place. I know that kind of thing can be expected when living in this city, but I'm still really hopeful, like some of you, that this proposal will fall through.

I don't know much about this stuff—do any of you think there'll be more opportunity for the general public to voice their concerns, and do you think there's still a possibility that it'll fall through?

Hey all! I'm a young condo owner, living across the street (152 Saint Patrick St.) from where the proposed new construction will take place. Love where I live, but of course it sucks that I might be losing my view soon, and might have to deal with construction noise for a number of years, since my windows face where construction would eventually take place. I know that kind of thing can be expected when living in this city, but I'm still really hopeful, like some of you, that this proposal will fall through.

I don't know much about this stuff—do any of you think there'll be more opportunity for the general public to voice their concerns, and do you think there's still a possibility that it'll fall through?
Its zoning is approved, so realistically the only thing that will stop it is if Tribute fails to sell enough units. That's unlikely to be the case.

Floor to ceiling glass. The entire perimeter of the floor plate is exposed to the elements for the 'artistic' effect, not even a for the sake of a wraparound balcony. If you tried on purpose to come up with a more useless way to waste heating/cooling energy, I bet you couldn't. How are such horrendous designs still being approved? Weren't we supposed to have the new environmental standards kick in a couple of years back?

Talk about making an entrance for a first post. It is probably for the best that you did not have the opportunity to argue against this proposal due to the presence of construction noise and you losing your view. Given the developer behind this and the strength of the market I think it is almost a guarantee that it will be proceeding.

I got an update from the city that the developer and the city are still in negotiations for community benefits. Councillor Layton gave City staff the direction to keep pushing for more from the developer, so the negotiation process is still ongoing at this point.

Is it normal for it to take this long? The first notice of the proposal was back in 2017. I wonder how long it could take until demolition/construction actually begins?

Considering its location, this is going to be an easy sell for Tribute:

-Proximity to educational institutions: OCAD, U of T, Ryerson
-Across from the AGO, near Grange Park
-Public transit: St. Patrick station, 505 Dundas streetcar
-Nearby retail and neighbourhoods: Baldwin Village, Village by the Grange, Chinatown, Dundas between Uni Ave and Bay, Queen West, Eaton Centre
-Nearby major places of employment: Uni Ave, Hospital row, Discovery District

Last edited:
Considering its location, this is going to be an easy sell for Tribute:

-Proximity to educational institutions: OCAD, U of T, Ryerson
-Across from the AGO, near Grange Park
-Public transit: St. Patrick station, 505 Dundas streetcar
-Nearby retail and neighbourhoods: Baldwin Village, Village by the Grange, Chinatown, Dundas between Uni Ave and Bay, Queen West, Eaton Centre
-Nearby major places of employment: Uni Ave, Hospital row, Discovery District

Prices are easily over 1400/ft. Have you seen the costs associated to these units? Highest I’ve seen for a non-luxury building. Developers keep building for this mythical end user buyer who will pay close to $1m for a run of the mill condo. Investors keep buying for the mythical CEO willing to pay $3500 rent for a 500sqft 1 bedroom. These are going up all around the core. Where are these buyers and renters coming from?

Prices are easily over 1400/ft. Have you seen the costs associated to these units? Highest I’ve seen for a non-luxury building. Developers keep building for this mythical end user buyer who will pay close to $1m for a run of the mill condo. Investors keep buying for the mythical CEO willing to pay $3500 rent for a 500sqft 1 bedroom. These are going up all around the core. Where are these buyers and renters coming from?

Based on the info I've seen, Artistry Condos had their launch yesterday and the prices align to be slightly less than the precedent set by the nearby United BLDG development. On an objective note relating to the topic mentioned, I don't see issues from a sales point of view towards the process of this project getting built.

On a negative note towards the architecture here, this rendering gives a closer look towards the spandrel situation of the building:

IMG_20200229_102238.jpg

Based on the info I've seen, Artistry Condos had their launch yesterday and the prices align to be slightly less than the precedent set by the nearby United BLDG development. On an objective note relating to the topic mentioned, I don't see issues from a sales point of view towards the process of this project getting built.

On a negative note towards the architecture here, this rendering gives a closer look towards the spandrel situation of the building:

United was grossly overpriced sold to investors. I’d even say United has better finishes all around. This is typical tribute. Look at all that spandrel. Not even an attempt to step it up.

Back