Toronto Art Shoppe Condos | 98.75m | 28s | Freed | a—A

Some pictures from yesterday. It was a gloomy day!
IMG_20191027_134850.jpg
IMG_20191027_134826.jpg
IMG_20191027_134848.jpg
IMG_20191027_134802.jpg
IMG_20191027_134723.jpg

Last edited:
They started tearing down the construction hoarding so I thought I'd take a pic:

And then I saw this! WTF

A woman was just struck here the day before (looked like she would be OK)
View attachment 220961

I've always wondered if the slant in the design of Art Shoppe on this corner was because the developer and the city intended on getting rid of the three phase intersection and aligning Soudan and Berwick into a normal two phase intersection.

Anyone know if that's the case? If so that would really improve traffic and pedestrian flow on this part of Yonge. I walk by here every day and every time I notice cars stopping mid-way along Yonge or cars and pedestrians alike getting confused in some way.

I've always wondered if the slant in the design of Art Shoppe on this corner was because the developer and the city intended on getting rid of the three phase intersection and aligning Soudan and Berwick into a normal two phase intersection.

Anyone know if that's the case? If so that would really improve traffic and pedestrian flow on this part of Yonge. I walk by here every day and every time I notice cars stopping mid-way along Yonge or cars and pedestrians alike getting confused in some way.
That is indeed the case. Not sure if they need to wait for the Canadian Tire building to redevelop to do the same on that side as well though, or it will work with this project alone.

Back