Toronto Art Shoppe Condos | 98.75m | 28s | Freed | a—A

^That's 2221 Yonge Street by Tower Hill Dev Corp & the architecture (if it happens) may be quite hot.

Remember Freed is the client, not aA. He may have said to them, "Give me your interpretation of Thompson Residences." Or maybe he said (I'm the urbandreamer remember) "Damn that crazy NimbyTect **** is hot give it to me!" :p

why does e condos look so short.. isn't it suppose to be 60 floors tall... I would have guessed it would tower over the area.

why does e condos look so short.. isn't it suppose to be 60 floors tall... I would have guessed it would tower over the area.

There's a pretty steep incline here as Yonge heads north which would make it look shorter than the towers closer to Eglinton.

There's a pretty steep incline here as Yonge heads north which would make it look shorter than the towers closer to Eglinton.

Wouldn't that make E Condos (which is further north) taller as opposed to shorter?
Also the change in elevation isn't accounted for in the above model, disproving the comment quoted above.

Could they not get their background right....

urbantoronto-7061-23542.jpg

Then the UT news article put the wrong rendering in it then.

No, the article was referring to similarities between this and another unbuilt project. From the article, referring to the rendering in question:

"Or perhaps 2131 Yonge reminds you of this unbuilt tower that was designed for The Gansevoort Hotel here in Toronto by Teeple Architects?"

Back