Toronto Art Shoppe Condos | 98.75m | 28s | Freed | a—A

A couple of trees are either already dead or severely stressed to be leaf-free this time of year.

Either they were dug up in poor condition or somebody really messed up on transport/planting.

Floating sidewalks and well designed pit grates do show promise, assuming they plant healthy trees.

Juniper? Road-side?, in good Top Soil? Odd choice on so many levels. Might work, likely to be high maintenance.

Odd that I don't see any spot set aside for trees on the Yonge frontage. Lack of shade here would be unfortunate.

Looks good.
One nit - at certain times of day and angles, the balcony glass cuts the look of the protruding boxes in half.
Would another form of railing have worked better (ie metal spindles?).

We'll definitely see where the local one will be in the coming years...the current closest at Laird n Eglintin is to be demolished by the owners for intensification in the coming years, as some of us know.

It's staying put in that area, moving a block away. I believe CT was originally looking into this building, but @WislaHD is on the right track ;)

Shot over the past week

IMG_20200911_173047__01.jpg

IMG_20200911_173029__01.jpg

I also wanted to give more attention to the details on this building. Most developers would have put a blank wall at the rear of the building, but here they put up a perforated design that has nice visual appeal. Not necessary, but very appreciated.

IMG_20200909_085728.jpg

IMG_20200909_085741.jpg

One of the few projects where they built what they depicted in their renderings. Now why can't all our developers have the same degree of honesty and integrity.... and all the time? Is that really too much to ask?

Farm Boy is opening tomorrow, October 29th, 2020:

Exterior signage photo from Toronto Life:

Yonge-Soudan-front-entrance-803x603.jpg

Sorry I didn't take more photos. There were lots of people and my hands became full. Purchased a coffee and breakfast burrito from Farm Boy.

I know you are all here to read about the swag.
Farm Boy gave away a free drink (Lemonade or Kombucha) to customers as they left.

Staples gave away a re-useable bag (big, about the size of those IKEA ones but nicer) and a cloth face mask.

I also understand 5 lbs of shredding is free until the end of November.
IMG_20201029_091739.jpg

IMG_20201029_092417.jpg

The Farm Boy was smaller than I thought. The Staples I thought was just going to be buy-online-pickup store but it is a full store, albeit smaller than most. Staples also has a co-office space.

Visited both myself, the Farm Boy was alright. The Staples really impressed me for being a modern urban store and layout. Definitely was missing a Staples presence in the neighbourhood for some time.

Back