Toronto Art Shoppe Condos | 98.75m | 28s | Freed | a—A

Very interesting I didnt know about that. I guess that also means this Staples location will be much smaller compared to the location it will be replacing at Summerhill which is pretty large.

Maybe not.

Just looked up the leasing info.

2nd floor has a floor plate of 52,000sq ft available.

Farmboy has 28,000sq ft

That still leaves 24,000sq ft.

No indication of any other 2nd floor lessees so lots of room for Staples.

Ground floor will also pick up a Scotiabank and shows 3 open units, with the corner set a for a resto w/patio.

A zoom-in:

Toronto Model 7-01-20 Art Shoppe.png

According to this listing, there's only one retail unit remaining that's currently unleased. Apart from Staples, Farm Boy and West Elm, the other confirmed tenants are Scotiabank, Calii Love & Oretta.

Rendering of the suggested retail arrangement. Looks like the Oretta restaurant will include outside patio space.

1595973013597.png

We'll definitely see where the local one will be in the coming years...the current closest at Laird n Eglintin is to be demolished by the owners for intensification in the coming years, as some of us know.

I don't doubt that a Bay-Dundas urban style Canadian Tire store will come to the area when the Canada Square complex (where the Canadian Tire HQ is located, and which CTREIT co-owns with Oxford) is redeveloped.

Well that's annoying that they didn't do the road alignment as a part of this project, they only protected for it. I thought they would try to at least reduce the distance between intersections, even if they can't eliminate it until across the street redevelops.

This looks great. I can't help but think that shortening the podium a bit and redeploying the density in a taller tower would have given it better street presence (it's fine as is though, just a bit over bearing). Right now the whole package looks a little stumpy but the exterior expression is interesting and well defined.

Back