Toronto Argento Condos | 74m | 24s | Tridel | Rafael + Bigauskas

Graydon Hall

This thread wreaks of ignorance, stupidity and immaturity.

Don Mills and York Mills trumps virtually any area of Scarborough by a long shot as well as most parts of North York to the north and east of it.

This building will have great access to the DVP and 401, is in comfortable walking distance to the subway and appears to have an attractive design. It is also a short drive to the new Don Mills centre. The ravine setting is also attractive.

All of the above make it a very Desirable project and really in another league above the successful Emerald City project at Don Mills and Sheppard.

this area isn't all that bad. Not your foresthilll, but not bad either. And its certainlly getting better with this development.

Don Mills and York Mills trumps virtually any area of Scarborough by a long shot as well as most parts of North York to the north and east of it.

This building will have great access to the DVP and 401, is in comfortable walking distance to the subway and appears to have an attractive design. It is also a short drive to the new Don Mills centre. The ravine setting is also attractive.

All of the above make it a very Desirable project and really in another league above the successful Emerald City project at Don Mills and Sheppard.

Lol you obviously never went to high school in this area. George S HENRY and George vanier are very not desirable!

It also may appear you have the dvp and 401 near by. But that bridge north on don mills has no ramp to the 401. The closest ramp is the York mills dvp ramp that which is located in another sketchy rental apartment area. This ramp would be close if the condo was locAted at the intersection York mills and don mills but let's not forget it's far from it. Misleading advertising from tridel

And no it's not a comfortable walk to the subway!! Are u insane? I assume u talking about the don mills station. I dare you u to walk from Duncan mills to don mills on a winter night. U are really disconnected from this area.

Last edited by a moderator:

Those are some pretty harsh words.

wang888 is right, there is no such thing as "comfortable" walking distance to the subway (unless walking to Sheppard or Yonge and York Mills is considered comfortable). Did you mean comfortable walking distance to a bus stop? In that case, you are right because there is bus service on Graydon Hall Drive and a stop right at Don Mills and Graydon Hall.

If they get rid of those older apartments behind there, then it would be more desirable. It looks too close to the older apartment buildings. It looks like a small patch of land they're trying to squeeze the building in there. It's sort of like stuffing a condo like the Arc (Daniels) in a patch of grass at Bayview and Sheppard.

Those older apartments are hardly a problem. And living 2 minutes by bus from the subway and 2 minutes by car to the 401 or DVP is pretty desirable in my mind.

Belinda the Intern Visits the Argento Neighbourhood on Don Mills

Belinda the Intern, our journalism summer student, went around Don Mills to check out the neighbourhood. See her pictures on the Tridel Facebook album http://on.fb.me/qNvTku.

Read her blog post on Argento.

Follow her blog tridelbelinda.com for more posts - story is coming soon.

Last edited:
oK9Izn

Posted the lobby rendering to our Facebook page.

qjA2KG

Argento Facebook photo gallery.

More images to be added soon.

OK ... this is what I have found out on the Argento project from City Planning:

The rezoning application was approved in October 2007 and represents an infill of the existing "tower in the park" site located at 20 Graydon Hall Drive where a 20-storey Y-shaped apartment now stands (the new building would be address as 18 Graydon Hall Drive as noted in this thread). The approved proposal includes a 24 storeys, 251-unit residential condominim and 2 blocks of stacked townhouse containing 24 units fronting Graydon Hall Drive together with 4 levels of underground parking.

Architect is ... RAFEAL + BIGAUSKAS

City Planning Final Report:
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2007/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-7676.pdf

Couple images from this report that would help to make sense of this proposal:
Argento_context.jpg

Argento_sp.jpg

Argento_elev3.jpg

Argento_elev1.jpg

Argento_elev2.jpg

What has been left out in Tridel's recent plan below is the development approved in February 2010 for the westerly adjacent triangular shaped parcel (4 Graydon Hall Drive) which proposes a 12-storey, 56-unit building.

Here is the location map modified from our brochure
brochure-location-map-1000.jpg

Staff report for the 4 Graydon Hall Drive project can be found here:
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2010/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-27409.pdf

Couple Images for 4 Graydon Hall Drive:
4GraydonHall_sp.jpg

4GraydonHall_persp.jpg

I passed by the site this morning and a crew was busy putting up some sort of hoarding/fencing. The site looks quite small given the expanse of area it's located in (my view was only from Don Mills Road).

The context plan in my above post (1st image) would give a better sense of 'extend of development lands'

Argento buyers on the lower 12s beware ... some or all of your S/SW views will be blocked

What has been left out in Tridel's recent plan below is the development approved in February 2010 for the westerly adjacent triangular shaped parcel (4 Graydon Hall Drive) which proposes a 12-storey, 56-unit building.

Staff report for the 4 Graydon Hall Drive project can be found here:
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2010/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-27409.pdf

Couple Images for 4 Graydon Hall Drive:
4GraydonHall_sp.jpg

4GraydonHall_persp.jpg

Argento elevation rendering from the brochure draft

Thanks for the rendering TWM ... looks like the project design remained more or less unchanged from the 2007 approvals ... I personally like the tapering building shape of Parc Nuvo a bit more (than Argento's boxy appeal)

General features
• 8'-6" ceiling on ground floor, 3rd to 9th floor.
• 9' ceiling on 2nd floor and 10th – 25th floor.
• 10' ceiling on 26th floor (penthouse)

May be subject to change.

Last edited:

Back