Toronto Aquavista at Bayside | 46.94m | 13s | Tridel | Arquitectonica

And that's all retail fronting the waterfront, great ! I love this ... I know it won't happen but I would have loved for that brick to be ** red ** in colour, I think that'd look a lot better then I'm sure the ** black ** brick that'll go here.

I like that it's brick -- it gives the project more warmth. That said, I too hope the brick colour is changes to something more striking.

Boourns they changed the brick colour

Beige is just as bad as grey. They are for people who fear colour and are terrified of taking any creative risks at all. Banish them both from this city and Toronto will be much better off.

This view specifically reminds me of the style and quality of Liberty Village... Fingers crossed they change it for the better.

YhXjVt4.jpg

^^ I don't see anything appealing in that pic. The colour of that brick is terrible. This does have a Liberty Village feel to it and look how many people hate Liberty Village.

I disagree ... people (or at least not everyone) do not hate liberty village due to the quality of a single particular building (though I do agree there are a few atrocious ones, but a few that re OK / passable) but rather the build form and the suburban nature it inspires. That's not the case here, moreover, speaking just to the architecture, the curvature of the building doesn't relate to anything in liberty village.

Anyway, I think we need to wait until the design is finalized.

My only issue thinking it through a little more is how large each of these buildings are, I think I would have preferred this and the first phase to have been split into 2 or even 3 buildings each, with unique / different architecture.

Waterfront condo building to include affordable rentals for artists
Groundbreaking project in the new Bayside neighbourhood will include 80 units to be managed by Artscape, which has a long waiting list.

Starving artists are poised to join millionaires in a ground-breaking waterfront condo project to be debated by Toronto’s executive committee Tuesday.
The city has chosen non-profit developer Artscape to manage 80 affordable artists’ apartments within a 220-unit condo building on the water’s edge, east of Sherbourne Common and George Brown College.
The proposed affordable housing pilot project, approved in principle by council last fall, is part of Waterfront Toronto’s $1.1 billion Bayside neighbourhood, being developed by partners Hines and Tridel Corp.
More...........http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...o_include_affordable_rentals_for_artists.html

Back