Toronto Aquavista at Bayside | 46.94m | 13s | Tridel | Arquitectonica

Nice! These pictures are actually of Aqualina, the project directly to the west Aquavista. But I love how sometimes you get a little bit of Monde, Aquavista, and Aqualina in certain shots because these projects are all going up at the same time.

ae9bdee7-fbb3-405e-9fbd-b001c96db3db_zps6anbsdcn.jpg

As I mentioned in the Waterfront Innovation Centre thread recently, this building went to the WT DRP four times before they were done with it. It was always an Arquitectonica associate who presented the building, while no one from Kirkor is recorded as having been to those meetings to present. Separately I have been told that Arquitectonica remain involved to this day with Aqualina, so I would be surprised to hear that they were not also continuing on in their design architect role at Aquavista. At minimum, Arquitectonica are responsible for all of the major decisions of the type that would be illustrated in renderings, but as architects of record, Kirkor may be relocating some ducts, etc. I would be surprised if it amounts to much more than that.

Moving onwards, want to add address to thread title?

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 15 176396 STR 00 PP Accepted Date: Jan 5, 2017

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Structural Framing

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 12 storey mixed-use building with 308 dwelling units (80 affordable housing units) with 4 levels of underground parking and commercial at grade.

PP Zoning Review Not Started
Zone - Other Tamondong, Ray

If you're referring to a change in the number of floors (not sure what else it could be), no. The penthouse units on the 12th floor are two floor units, which makes it a 13-storey building, no matter what that permit notice says.

Back