Toronto

Aquavista at Bayside | 47m | 13s | Tridel | Arquitectonica

ADRM

Member Bio
Reaction score
Has there been an announcement about retail tenant here yet? Asking because this bit in this new Retail Insider article highlighting Organic Garage's expansion plans got me thinking about which building they're referring to: "...the company’s next store will open along the waterfront in the east end of Toronto. Construction is expected to start sometime this summer with an opening either late fall or early winter."

With that anticipated timeline, and thinking about the size and layout of the various retail units planned along this stretch, does it pretty much have to be in either this building or the new Pier 27 tower?

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Has there been an announcement about retail tenant here yet? Asking because this bit in this new Retail Insider article highlighting Organic Garage's expansion plans got me thinking about which building they're referring to: "...the company’s next store will open along the waterfront in the east end of Toronto. Construction is expected to start sometime this summer with an opening either late fall or early winter."

With that anticipated timeline, and thinking about the size and layout of the various retail units planned along this stretch, does it pretty much have to be in either this building or the new Pier 27 tower?

I expect that it is the water-facing retail unit here. That could make for a pretty popular store here, and I hope the make the best of its prime location by making its frontage somewhat porous: there will likely be piles of people strolling by here on good weather days as the area fills out and the boardwalk gets extended, while an increasingly large local population willl keep it going through less temperate times of the year.