DJI_0003.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 5,015
  • DJI_0002.JPG
    DJI_0002.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 4,998
  • DJI_0001.JPG
    DJI_0001.JPG
    262.9 KB · Views: 4,021
According to Link, construction starting in June 2019.
INTERESTING! Is C2 the office building directly behind the Aqua condos? If so, I didn't know they were proposing tall timber! Very exciting if this is the case. I wonder if Sidewalk Labs influenced this with their proposed 'Timberville', across the street.

It looks like C2 is the second (i.e. eastern) office building that is behind the Aqua condos (believe it is referred to as "Queens Quay Place"). Not clear what is going on with C1.

But I think it's new that this is planned to be timber. While the Quayside/Sidewalk Labs and George Brown "Arbour" building are planned to be timber, haven't seen anything suggesting the commercial buildings that are part of this development were supposed to be timber - the preliminary renderings certainly don't suggest so.

It looks like C2 is the second (i.e. eastern) office building that is behind the Aqua condos (believe it is referred to as "Queens Quay Place"). Not clear what is going on with C1.

But I think it's new that this is planned to be timber. While the Quayside/Sidewalk Labs and George Brown "Arbour" building are planned to be timber, haven't seen anything suggesting the commercial buildings that are part of this development were supposed to be timber - the preliminary renderings certainly don't suggest so.

Thank you! Exactly what I thought. This is exciting news. I wonder why we're seeing action on the Eastern building first... Maybe something to do with the city requirements (building the new infrastructure for the area).

Looking forward to some kind of open house so I can take a look at this building. Looks like it'll be top notch.

Back