Toronto Aqualuna at Bayside | 61.87m | 18s | Tridel | 3XN

I feel like this area of the waterfront will be my most favorite to walk along, even if some of these buildings are missed opportunities.

I headed down there 2 days ago and left feeling that exact thing. The George Brown wood proposal is promising but we need a few more showstoppers. I understand the need for LRT but am enjoying the lack of chaos on this stretch. To the west there are just too many modes of transportation going on: 2 directions of auto, 2 directions of LRT, and 2 directions of cycling to get to the other side.

They spent a lot of money but it's a jumbled mess imo.

The prices are unbelievably expensive,, are their that much buyers in Toronto whom can afford those prices???

Considering the generic box by Menkes down the road that also launched today is selling for 1,100 psf+, I'm not surprised by this, more unique project.

That doesn't excuse the prices in the city right now. Who's buying these units, I thought it's mainly the one bedrooms being scooped up by investors, so it will be interesting to see how this sells. I like to think I'm doing pretty well but I'd never be able to afford something like this.

The prices are unbelievably expensive,, are their that much buyers in Toronto whom can afford those prices???

I'm actually surprised the prices are as low as they are (keep in mind the Aqualuna prices mostly include a parking spot (~65k)). The units are all very expensive but that's because they are large - on a $/sqft basis it's not as bad as I would have thought.

That being said, it also blows my mind that people can afford this stuff. Though I suppose if you bought a 500k condo five years ago and have an family income of ~200k then this is doable.

(Note: not a real estate agent, just an interested observer).

These aren't for the regular Joes. They are for people with bank. Therea are plenty of people who sold their properties for a good amount of money that would be interested here. Some who may be priced out of the house market that are looking in this direction as well.

In the grand scheme of things though, it's more about why are people buying these things more than how are they affording them. With the new rules I don't see why an investor would invest here or most of the new projects in this city.

July 4, 2018:
IMG_9419.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9419.JPG
    IMG_9419.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 1,376

Back