Toronto Aqualuna at Bayside | 61.87m | 18s | Tridel | 3XN

From the WT CEO Report from the Sept Board Meeting:

Bayside
The Phase II Subdivision Agreement, was executed on August 23, 2017. Conditions from that agreement are currently being satisfied by Waterfront Toronto and Subdivision Registration is anticipated to follow in early September 2017. This will allow Hines/Tridel to close on the R5 property and commence construction of Aquabella in the fall.

Given the continued strength of the condo market in the eastern waterfront, Waterfront Toronto continues to have detailed discussions with the Bayside Development Partner about the acceleration of the A1/A2 site to go to market a year ahead of schedule. Waterfront Toronto, the City and the Development Partner are also reviewing the requirements for a City operated recreation center in Bayside and working to determine if the A1/A 2 development would be a suitable location for such a facility.

http://waterfrontoronto.ca/nbe/wcm/...&CACHEID=89a6924b-b495-4311-9ac8-51987374f61f

AoD

A pictures from the report of Alvinofdiaspar!

aqualina at bayside.jpg1.jpg

Attachments

• aqualina at bayside.jpg1.jpg
    aqualina at bayside.jpg1.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 736
Really makes the earlier Arquitectonica projects urbanistically dull as dishwater.

But then again, after this pretty concept gets put through the Kirkor hand wringer, it might not be dramatically better, as to speak.

depends how involved Kirkor is. If they are essentially just stamping drawings and doing Construction Administration work, it probably won't be too bad. If they are doing structural work, material selection, etc., then yea, watch out.

I'm hoping for the latter, but seeing how the first two Arquitectonica projects are turning out material-wise, and how Aquabella got "spandrellized"- I'm not holding out much hope.

If you read the presentation in a bit more detail you will notice that the cladding has been window walled, though in a way that looks tidy.

upload_2017-10-19_19-53-39.png

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-19_19-53-39.png
    upload_2017-10-19_19-53-39.png
    707.5 KB · Views: 674
Last edited:
The current design is stunning. Maybe this will survive value engineering? The units are MASSIVE. There are no studios. The smallest 1+D is 820 square feet (most are 878+) and most of the 2+D are above 1,200 square feet. There are also dozens of units, not including the townhouses, that are over 2,000 sq. ft.

I question whether the market will support this type of condominium in a location that isn't quite yet (but will be... in several years) a location.

This one is really nice, too (and makes me think I'm not sure I agree with the DRP comment about the proponents needing to re-think how this side of the building relates to the water).

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 8.48.56 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 8.48.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 8.48.56 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 645

Back