Toronto Aqualina at Bayside | 47.85m | 13s | Tridel | Arquitectonica

31063716316_8c061b797c_o.jpg

30732478450_1fb2bf4b18_o.jpg

Taken December 3, 2016:

As this photo demonstrates, the last few remaining unclad red steel columns add some visual "architectural" interest and pizazz to the appearance of the building. Once the all white cladding is completed, I suppose there is nothing to stop the developer(s) from painting a select number (5 or 6) of the columns red. That would take guts though, and I think that might be a first where the developer and architect get together and agree at the last minute to tweak the the original design/renderings to enhance the look of the finished product. The cost would be trivial - what does 10 gallons of red paint cost at Home Depot? Maybe we can start a crowd funding campaign on UT to pay for the paint? Count me in for $10. I live pretty close, so I might even volunteer to paint a couple of columns at grade level (I'm afraid of heights).

The white looks good, but I hope Tridel considers doing a red-steel-and-glass look for one of the future builds in Bayside/Bayfront/etc.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 1.41.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 1.41.21 PM.png
    163.3 KB · Views: 303
Did an amateur architect design this? Honestly. Why would you plunk down a square building ontop of everything going on here blocking views from the north? There's absolutely no relation to the rest of the building. It's just such a mess. Shame Tridel for this POS.

Back