Toronto Aquabella at Bayside | 50.9m | 14s | Tridel | 3XN

Wow a very conservative effort from them. Its good, but may easily get lost with all else that's going up along the waterfront.

Looks great if you managed to avoid peeking at ODA's proposal first.

I think the elevations are less considerate here. In fact, it almost looks like this design occupies all the negative space left by the other and then some. They're really maximizing the square footage and it shows.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the original version of Monde, when the building was actually designed for leisurely waterfront living.

I like that the focus seems to be on bigger units:

Tridel's Jim Ritchie describes the project as an "end-user dominated" development, which will features suites "in the 1,000 ft² to 2,000 ft² range." Marketing for the upscale project—which will likely be geared towards down-sizers and families...

But yeah, this is much more conservative than the beautiful ODA proposal, although I guess it does fit better with the two Aqua's that are being built.

Denmark's 3XN Designs Next Phase of Toronto's Bayside Community

"The next phase of Tridel and Hines' nascent Bayside Toronto community was revealed [yesterday]. Just east of the Aqualina and Aquavista construction sites — where cranes are beginning to lift the waterfront community into place — the Bayside sales centre was the site of today's announcement. It is also within sight of the waterfront community's latest residential phase, which we have now learned will be designed by Denmark's 3XN.

Together with representatives from Tridel, 3XN's Kim Herforth Nielsen and Audun Opdal were on hand to discuss the design, which is characterized by an interplay of stacked volumes. Nielsen, a co-founder of the firm, stressed "views of the water, neighbourhood parks, and city skyline," as a driving force of the 15-storey building's irregular form."

Incredible (at least to me). I am super interested in this project, possible more than any other in Toronto. Thanks for that report, that was very in depth and really shows the many factors considered in the architecture of this development.

Agreed. I'd love to own a terrace in this project when complete. :)

Shame I am sure these units will go for well beyond the average condo price.

I love it! Did I read it right that it's up to the resident to plant whatever they want on the terrace planters? I imagine it would originally come with some form of grass though?

Back